Oil for 2.7l??

I would check the manual. Any oil is good. Most use Mobil One and I did for a few years but I recently switched to Amsoil.

Last edited:
I would start at 4 quarts and then check the dip stick and add accordingly and I use synthetic cause I plan on turboing but mobile one is good

It calls for 6.1 qt. I have used 6. I have had a 2.7 since 2008. I have used moble 1 in the past. Been using the napa synthetic In my wife's audi. It is 3 dollars a quart when one sale. I have had no problems with it. I been using Toyota care since 2011. May start doing it myself due to them not changing it the last time

The dealer doesn't know jack about what they sell. I would follow the manual. You can always start with less and fill as needed when checking the stick. My V6 wants 5.5 so I dump 5.5. No issues yet.

I think in 2012 they started calling for 0w-20. You should be fine with what you got. I would get one more quart. Some people say you will need a new washer on the drain plug.

Best oil filter is a Toyota oil filter. I get them 10 at a time off eBay for $4 apiece. According to Blackstone labs, I.e., those guys who analyze oil for a living, there is no significant difference between brands, so they never recommend brands. Their techs go back and forth between meijer (like wal mart for those who don't know), and super-tech brands and any old thing they can find on the shelves. They always analyze afterwards, and literally always have found <.05% difference between no name oils and name brands. To be fair though, I have not seen a comparison to straight synthetic.

That is to say, go with Toyota filters, and get any oil brand you want, as long as it is the right api approved class and viscosity rating (wal mart and meijers brand are approved). In addition, Blackstone says most oil changes need only be performed every 7500-10,000 miles.

Back