Ole' Red - 1999 Toyota Tacoma Xtra Cab 2.7L 3RZ-FE 4x4 All Manual Build

clickws

Here is your chance to start all over... An opportunity to get back the "what I should have done was...." What I mean by that is, I have a 1999 Toyota Tacoma SR5 Xtra Cab with the 2.7L 3RZ-FE engine with 4-wheel drive and it is all manual (everything) (it is NOT TRD) and it is all stock and ready for the best of the best mods and upgrades. I am starting from scratch and need everyone's best and honest opinion about what I should do with my truck. I would not say that the price range to spend is limitless but I would say keep it reasonable for what are the most worthwhile. So, I hope to progress through each area of the vehicle and get the best or most bang for your buck parts available. My only stipulation is that I want to keep it for a borderline weekend/ daily driver but want to be able to tackle most any and all obstacles that I face while maintaining a clean look and maintenance friendly machine. I will use it for running up into the mountains to hit fire roads, trails, some rocks, creek crossing, occasional jumping, and then for utility purposes such as occasional light hauling and hunting.

Where would you start with this project? (Engine, Suspension, Transmission, Body, etc) Pick the top 3 and then we will start from there. As people give their input on what parts are best, I will choose from your listings. It should be fun to see what items I choose and hopefully give a good reason why I chose it. Everyone gets an opportunity to persuade me and help me build the best ride possible with what I have. I look forward to posting progress and look forward to all of your expertise.

This was my first vehicle that I got when I turned 16 in 2005. I've maintained it well and hope to make good, clean, and professional upgrades to not devalue the truck but rather bring value and appeal to Ole' Red.

Here is your chance to start all over... An opportunity to get back the "what I should have done was...." What I mean by that is, I have a 1999 Toyota Tacoma SR5 Xtra Cab with the 2.7L 3RZ-FE engine with 4-wheel drive and it is all manual (everything) (it is NOT TRD) and it is all stock and ready for the best of the best mods and upgrades. I am starting from scratch and need everyone's best and honest opinion about what I should do with my truck. I would not say that the price range to spend is limitless but I would say keep it reasonable for what are the most worthwhile. So, I hope to progress through each area of the vehicle and get the best or most bang for your buck parts available. My only stipulation is that I want to keep it for a borderline weekend/ daily driver but want to be able to tackle most any and all obstacles that I face while maintaining a clean look and maintenance friendly machine. I will use it for running up into the mountains to hit fire roads, trails, some rocks, creek crossing, occasional jumping, and then for utility purposes such as occasional light hauling and hunting.

Where would you start with this project? (Engine, Suspension, Transmission, Body, etc) Pick the top 3 and then we will start from there. As people give their input on what parts are best, I will choose from your listings. It should be fun to see what items I choose and hopefully give a good reason why I chose it. Everyone gets an opportunity to persuade me and help me build the best ride possible with what I have. I look forward to posting progress and look forward to all of your expertise.

This was my first vehicle that I got when I turned 16 in 2005. I've maintained it well and hope to make good, clean, and professional upgrades to not devalue the truck but rather bring value and appeal to Ole' Red.
Depends where you feel like starting. Maybe weathertech mats and rain gaurds. Stand back and vision what you want it to look like. That's how I started mine.

Back