Open drivers door chime with key in

newtotoy

Anyone have a simple way to disable that function with out screwing up anything else?
The last truck I did that in had 42 wires leading into the "dinger". Ended up having to clip the wire in the door handle and lost the interior light function. I was willing to make that trade off. The first thing we used to do before leaving the dealers lot was to rip out that dam thing so you could play the radio with the doors (speakers) open. That was back when it wasn't connected to every other concievable function in the friggin truck:D
How about the seat belt warning noise while we're at it .

As far as the seat belt goes. I ordered seat belt extenders from ebay. No more seat belt chime. Works great. As for the key in the ignition chime. I have a 2015. And if you look at the door frame. There is a little black button on the frame itself. With the key in the ignition open the door. And you get the chime. Now push the button in and no more chime. So here is what I did. Take the Philips head screw out. The button will be hanging by its wires. Now there is a rubber boot over the actual button. Easy to take off. It just slips off. Now you can see a little white button that you can push in chime goes off. Let it out you have the chime again. What i did was rubbed superglue all over the button and pushed it in. It aint never comeing back out. No more key in the ignition chime. Just put the rubber boot back on. Put the switch back where it came from. Put the screw back in place and you are done. One thing to keep in mind though. The dome light dont work unless I open the back door. Or i turn it on myself. The only other thing I found is. My truck has auto headlights. And if i kill the truck and forget to turn the lights out they will stay on. I don't like auto headlights anyway. Just turn them off. Hope this helps

That button also controls the alarm, so if someone breaks in through the drivers door the alarm won't sound...

Back