PcBuilder's 2003 Tacoma Build

PcBuilder14

So I finally got another Tacoma back in December after sadly not having my old one for what seems like forever! (10 months) Hopefully I can get this thing lifted and on new wheels and tires soon! :D

7612.JPG

Specs
- 2003 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab
- 3.4L
- 4x4
- SR5/TRD

Mods

Suspension:
Front - Bilstein 5100's/Eibach coils
Rear - Procomp AAL & 5100's

Wheels & Tires:
- 33x12.50x15 KM2's
- Summit Racing 85 Black 8 Series Wheels

Exterior:
- BetterBuilt Lowpro black tool box
- Satoshi'd Grille (Made by 03tacoman)

Interior:
- Weathertech floormats

Future Mods:
- Bilstein/Eibach suspenion
- 33x12.50x15 KM2's
- Tint
- Magnaflow Muffler
- BoxRocketFab Bed Rack
- HiLift, recovery gear, etc.
- CO2 Tank System
- Relentless Fabrication Sliders
- Upgraded Sound System
- HID retrofit
- Wet Okoles
- Line-x Bed
- ELITE front and rear bumpers
- 2 HID Bumper Lights
- Rock Lights
- Aux. Reverse Lights
- Aux. Fog Lights
- White interior Lights
- Maglite Mount

Links to Specific Parts of Thread

- Coming soon....

Last edited:

Washed and waxed the truck, cleaned the interior, vacuumed the interior, plastidipped the wheels, and removed the chrome step bars. Those step bars were such a pain to remove, but completely worth it!

Before

After

Random

Plastidipped my front bumper and grill. I also painted my emblem orange just to see what it looked like... It's black now... Haha

Hopefully getting this installed Saturday

Drove around in the snow for about 3 hours. Got stuck three times... Twice down a state park road, then once trying to get into a parking spot... Haha But I was able to maneuver out of all of them by myself eventually.
I'm amazed by how much of a difference a locker makes! I was able to do a lot more on stock tires than I expected!

Reason I got stuck the second time was because another truck was coming towards me and I tried to get out of the way. But I slid off into the ditch... So he was going to drive to a spot where he could turn around to pull me out. While he was doing that I wanted to see if I could get it out myself. Sure enough with 4lo/locked I was able to get enough momentum and drove in the ditch for about 30 yards until it leveled out and I could get back on the pavement haha Then after he got turned around he was going around a tree and slid off the road, which happened to be right next to a drop-off into trees... So I drove to him and he dug his tires out with a shovel and I tried pulling him out. After coming within inches of slamming his bed into a tree multiple times I was able to yank him out. So I can gladly say that I pulled out a full size chevy that was stuck in the snow, when all along I was the one stuck in the first place! :)

Anyways, here's pics...

Put on the grill I bought from 03tacoman. Looks great! Now I've just got to paint everything behind it black.... Haha

Finally got it lifted...

I need new tires! Haha these little 31's just don't do it for me! Haha Btw my truck vibrates at certain speeds now... at 55 and 70. I got an alingment so that's fine, I'm wondering if it's my cv's, tires, or driveline. The truck did it when I bought it, but it went away because I think I got used to it. I'm wanting to say the wheels and tires just aren't balanced perfectly, but I'm not 100% sure. I need to get a diff. drop kit because my cv angles are almost too much. The inner fins are rubbing just a little bit more than I'd like.

PICS!!! :D

Okay, now it's picture time! :D

First off though, here are some specs on how much lift I got...

Stock Tire to fender:
Driver Front - 5.75"
Driver Rear - 6.5"
Passenger Front - 5.75"
Passenger Rear - 7"

Lifted Tire to Fender:
Driver Front - 9.25"
Driver Rear - 8.75"
Passenger Front - 9.5"
Passenger Rear - 8.75"

Overall I got about 3.5" of lift in the front, and 2.25" of lift in the back.

Stock

Lifted

Here are some pics of my cv angles, they really aren't bad for 3.5" of lift in the front... They are literally either millimeters within touching each other or just barely, so hopefully what little amount of difference the differential drop makes will be enough.

Driver side outer boot

Driver side outer boot

Passenger side outer boot

Passenger side inner boot

Pics of lift parts

Random pics

Back