Per-Collision System

rwhunt

Hey everyone. Has anyone had any issues with the Pre-Collision System? To me, it's a good safety feature except for the one time i was going through a small town. Two lanes with a turning lane. I was using cruise. The was a car stopping in the turning lane and the truck hit the brakes like the car was stopping in front of me. Thankfully no one was behind me.20180730_062919.jpeg

Hey everyone. Has anyone had any issues with the Pre-Collision System? To me, it's a good safety feature except for the one time i was going through a small town. Two lanes with a turning lane. I was using cruise. The was a car stopping in the turning lane and the truck hit the brakes like the car was stopping in front of me. Thankfully no one was behind me.View attachment 20994
Happened enough for me to the point where I don't use it in the city, only on highway now. I could totally see accidents happening because of this... I hope there's a software patch for this one day soon.

Still getting use to the new truck but I passed another taco going the opposite direction and the alarm sounded and it instructed me to brake but it didn't apply them....strange. Thought maybe the other taco was a female and mine was a male....lol.

Hey everyone. Has anyone had any issues with the Pre-Collision System? To me, it's a good safety feature except for the one time i was going through a small town. Two lanes with a turning lane. I was using cruise. The was a car stopping in the turning lane and the truck hit the brakes like the car was stopping in front of me. Thankfully no one was behind me.View attachment 20994
Hell with all that. I prefer to drive my own truck.

Happened enough for me to the point where I don't use it in the city, only on highway now. I could totally see accidents happening because of this... I hope there's a software patch for this one day soon.
You could be the solution by contacting corporate and letting them know these things are happening. Also if something does happen and you’ve documented previous incidents it will be in your favor. Just a thought.

Still getting use to the new truck but I passed another taco going the opposite direction and the alarm sounded and it instructed me to brake but it didn't apply them....strange. Thought maybe the other taco was a female and mine was a male....lol.

Haha. That’s hilarious. Maybe they were built the same day and wanted to catch up on what’s happened since the assembly line.

I’ve only had the issue with the truck picking up the next lane/turning lane once, it was only for a second and the truck just slowed enough to notice with the dynamic cruise.

Have you all attempted to decrease the sensitivity of the dynamic cruise and pre collision. That’s worth a shot.
And @OR17TRD has a great point. Document it for a CYA in case of an accident or lemon law. And so Toyota can be aware and hopefully do a fix.

Am I confused? Are you changing lanes with the cruise on? Nothing wrong with it. Just hard to follow for me.

Going to knock down the sensitivity and see how that makes a difference. I just thought highest sensitivity would be the safest, but now I'm thinking these types of situations might be evidence that it is set too high...

Going to knock down the sensitivity and see how that makes a difference. I just thought highest sensitivity would be the safest, but now I'm thinking these types of situations might be evidence that it is set too high...

I keep my pre collision set to highest and the rest lower (adaptive cruise and lane departure).
The pre collision has actually saved me an accident already on the highway when an out of state car locked their brakes up for some unknown reason.

I keep my pre collision set to highest and the rest lower (adaptive cruise and lane departure).
The pre collision has actually saved me an accident already on the highway when an out of state car locked their brakes up for some unknown reason.
They had TSS-P and the vehicle in front of them had it and the one in front of them and so on. Haha

Spent the last few days trying different settings on the PCS. What I found was, when you have the sensitivity on the highest setting the braking\acceleration comes on quickly and aggressively; while the lowest sensitivity, the braking\acceleration eases on nicely. On low I find the buffer, or distance you have between you and the car in front (depending on what distance setting you have) is used to make up not having the braking come on so fast.

Much smoother acceleration and braking for me now on city highways, I am liking it much more.

I have yet to see how it acts with single lane alternate traffic. That's where it has freaked out before and slammed on the brakes; I will test more and report back [emoji106]

Last edited:
Their sensitivity was set too high. [emoji23]

All y'all in love with that BS cruise....don't complain when you go through front brakes twice as often. Thankfully it's not on my 17...but Mrs. AD's Highlander.... I hate it worse than the scoops.

Back