Poor mans PB Blaster

billssr5

With inflation and the cost of just keeping food on the table getting unbearable, I want to throw a out a little heads up on some Dollar Tree spray lubricant I've used for a few auto and home improvement projects and this stuff really is good for $1.25 compared to WD40 or PB Blaster which are getting very expensive these days. So take my word for it this works great as a stand alone lube and as a rusted fastener/bolt loosener.
https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/dollar-tree-brand-lubricant-spray-penetrating-oil.328394/

Last edited:
I whip up my own batch of liquid wrench, or pb blaster using a 50/50 mix of atf, or marvel mystery oil, and acetone I have lying around the shelf.

i am not impressed with the one bottle can of PB blaster i bot
might try that ATF acetone potion when i have to drain some from the Gen2

how do you get it into a spray can to spray?

Last edited:
not a plastic spray bottle i suppose would not work?
acetone eat right through it?

an acid brush, you use?

I've use it for decades to free rusty bolts....works as good or better than those store bought sprays.
I cant get over how good this stuff works for a $1.25, i just picked up a can in the store works great in any application Ive used it on, i noticed a small weeny can of WD40 is around $6-$8:mad: now depending on where you get it, this stuff actually works better and seeps in to rusted bolts better, its more like PB Blaster with a foaming type spray.

i am not impressed with the one bottle can of PB blaster i bot
might try that ATF acetone potion when i have to drain some from the Gen2

how do you get it into a spray can to spray?
try that Dollar Tree spray lube for a buck twenty five you can soak them bolts for days and it works, seeps in there cause it has a foaming type spray gets deep into the threads, i used it to free up a LBJ adjusting cam bolt, hosed it done let it do its magic overnite and that SOB came unfrozen no more creaking like an old barn door.

try that Dollar Tree spray lube for a buck twenty five you can soak them bolts for days and it works, seeps in there cause it has a foaming type spray gets deep into the threads, i used it to free up a LBJ adjusting cam bolt, hosed it done let it do its magic overnite and that SOB came unfrozen no more creaking like an old barn door.
there are a couple of funky looking o2 sensor nuts on the bung that have been on for about 5 years since catBack mod
they are looking crusty and need replaced with new nuts and perhaps a new O2 sensor that has yet to trigger any CEL codes after 27 years of service

segue... are you the same billssr5 from that other rag known as TW?
i remember a userID that was similar from the quality years spent before they got all fed up with this taco guy

Back