Posting in English

Nathan

Admin
Staff member
Howdy Folks,

I got nothing wrong with anyone speaking whatever language they want... but on this site posts should be in English. It's not a political statement, it's a practical one. Let's take a step back and think if we had 10 people on here all speaking in different languages. How useful would the content be to most visitors? It's also difficult to moderate. I've had several posts reported over the past few days because of content and I can't read what it says.

This is the first time this has ever come up and I don't think it's an unreasonable request. I hope you guys can understand.

Thanks,
Nathan

Got a phone call a few years ago....some dealer in Omaha calling wanting to sell me windows. I didn't wanna talk with her so put my wifee on the phone who speaks pretty good German. After a few minutes the wifee handed the phone back to me......the sales-lady apologized to me that she couldn't understand anything my wife was saying...........told the lady she was a mail-order bride and I just got her that day and I didn't know WTH she was saying either! LMAO

Got a phone call a few years ago....some dealer in Omaha calling wanting to sell me windows. I didn't wanna talk with her so put my wifee on the phone who speaks pretty good German. After a few minutes the wifee handed the phone back to me......the sales-lady apologized to me that she couldn't understand anything my wife was saying...........told the lady she was a mail-order bride and I just got her that day and I didn't know WTH she was saying either! LMAO
You made me spew beer! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

That’s awesome

Nice, are you of Arabic descent or just learned Arabic? Wondering bc I speak it, as well. My dad is Jordanian.

No. I spent time in the Middle East with the military. I was part of the invasion of Iraq in 2003. No interpreters a lot of the time and we spent all our time in the cities with the people so we had to learn to break the language barrier. Lol

No. I spent time in the Middle East with the military. I was part of the invasion of Iraq in 2003. No interpreters a lot of the time and we spent all our time in the cities with the people so we had to learn to break the language barrier. Lol

Oh nice! Well thanks for your service! Yeah, I haven't been to the middle East in almost 10 years but from what I remember, nobody spoke ANY English. Lol so I can see how you'd pick it up

Back