Power Steering Gear (4WD) for Gen1

This forum has a Maintenance and Repair Section.

hunnnh......didn't realize this was an all inclusive repair manual for Tacomas.

You mean help yourself...you've turned this forum into your own private self-repair facility, not to mention picture, and goofy video library..

Last edited:
tacoma forum needs more contributing users??
you are more than welcome to help out fellow taco folks as best you can. i do what i can can
tacoma needs maintenance + repair
where does one else get some good help
DBAP

I'd be glad to help anyone if possible when needed. Gotta have more members that sign on to ask questions first, or are there to help also. No need to load up the threads with useless stuff to search through.
Maybe your buddies on tw can give you more input then here, or did they get tired of your antics?....they sure didn't put up with me for long.:(

the tw users in Iowa, Wisconsin and Missouri had absolutely no use for an old-timer Gen1 i think was the situation. i met in person quite a few at some meetUPS mod days
it was beneath them to be of any real help that was needed with their fancy newer-than-mine rigs
if I was in California there is no doubt somebody would JUMP at the opportunity to help out for nothing more than pizza and beer
i jumped at the opportunity when there was one by transporting something for somebody to Kansas from Colorado coz that is how i roll

Last edited:
Kind of tells you something you need to pay more attention to. When you got an old truck, you better be able to service everything yourself. You can't count on others to figure it out for you....and if they do...don't complain about the little stuff you feel isn't it done to your likening.

Last edited:
Kind of tells you something you need to pay more attention to. When you got an old truck, you better be able to service everything yourself. You can't count on others to figure it out for you....and if they do...don't complain about the little stuff you feel isn't done to your likening.
because of chronic health issues i cannot do many a thing that is very involving and i haven't been able to in a cotdamn long time now
if i am able capable to offer assistance to someone, which i certainly did, i do it
why not a soul out there in the real world does not the same i have not a clue
i did hint on many occasion at this chronic health issue at that other rag and ALL I GOT WAS SH!T THROWN IN MY FACE

Its not the fact you have health issues. Its the whining about it that is irritating.

If you can't do the work, then you need to hire the work done. Then refrain from being a backseat mechanic.

People can offer to help someone in need just like I always strive to do myself and have done if able
You certainly sound like one of those out there that don't give a hoot about helping any in need
Those rates have become more than asinine for the little joe. And sloppy shiit you always seem to get
I absolutely hate to be seen as a beggar but FukkME I am tired of waiting going on five years now!
Don't be one of those people...

Last edited:
People can offer to help someone in need just like I always strive to do myself and have done if able
You certainly sound like one of those out there that don't give a hoot about helping any in need
Those rates have become more than asinine for the little joe. And sloppy shiit you always seem to get
I absolutely hate to be seen as a beggar but FukkME I am tired of waiting going on five years now!
Don't be one of those people...

@JayQQ97

I have offered you help on numerous occasions and on many problems. Same as I have to other members. I've also shared my diagnosis techniques and my repair efforts.

Your 2nd statement is pretty offensive. You will do as you want. I feel sympathy for your mechanics.

With your heath issues of sorts, why do you continue to punish yourself with constant issue's with this old truck. Crap, or get off the pot, and get yourself a newer subaru, or honda, or some similar 4wd suv, if you don't like the new mid size tacoma's. Believe me, unless you're weird, you'll thank yourself in the end, rather than keep pouring funds into something thats seen its day.

Back