Programmer

Dardenjed

Has anyone used a programmer or have any feed back on a good brand to use I currently have a 2013 Toyota Tacoma 4.0 V6.IMG_6976.jpg

Currently only one exists and it recently came out. OV Tune is the brand. I haven’t really looked into it.

Previously you had to go piggyback ECU (can get complicated) or URD MAF CAL (limited adjustability).

DO NOT WASTE MONEY ON BULLYDOG.

They were laughed right out of their own thread on another tacoma forum after they failed to do ANYTHING they promised program wise on the natural aspirated tacoma.

As for supercharged tacomas with the bullydog, lots of people having issues.

Just say no to garbagedog

That’s what’s I’ve seen and Edge and JET

The Edge and Jet units are basically digital gauges. Toyota encrypts their software so a simple programmer won't work. OV Tuning was able to do something.

BD claimed they were able to break the encryption but I have heard that their product caused a lot of engine failures.

The Edge and Jet units are basically digital gauges. Toyota encrypts their software so a simple programmer won't work. OV Tuning was able to do something.

BD claimed they were able to break the encryption but I have heard that their product caused a lot of engine failures.

Lessons hard learned. No way warranty would cover the engine failure I’d imagine, even with Magnuson Moss.

Back