Question about wheel offset

JetDh

So I have a 2003 Tacoma I will be selling soon.

I need to get a wheel for it before I can. I have the 5 spoke aluminum wheels without the 15mm offset.

On FB I get offers for sets of wheels, but they all have the 15mm offset.

What would be any issues I may run into if I put these on it? Would there be brake caliper interference? Fender rub? Fire hazard? etc....

IMG_3549.jpgWheel.jpg

So I have a 2003 Tacoma I will be selling soon.

I need to get a wheel for it before I can. I have the 5 spoke aluminum wheels without the 15mm offset.

On FB I get offers for sets of wheels, but they all have the 15mm offset.

What would be any issues I may run into if I put these on it? Would there be brake caliper interference? Fender rub? Fire hazard? etc....

View attachment 19542
The stock 16x7” wheels on the 4x4’s where 15 offset. If it’s like for like what would be the problem?

The wheels on mine are without the offset...that is why I am asking. Not like for like.

And yes, fire hazard. Also if it would cause cancer in California?

I inherited the truck. I don't drive it, don't know about it, just want to sell it.

The wheels on mine are without the offset...that is why I am asking. Not like for like.

And yes, fire hazard. Also if it would cause cancer in California?

I inherited the truck. I don't drive it, don't know about it, just want to sell it.
Everything causes cancer in California

Yes it does...
Perhaps I should explain more.

If I replace the stock wheels with ones that have the offset ( I am assuming the wheels are wider ) and include the three wheels on it as spares, I need to explain that to the buyer, and what the differences are.

Right now the spare is on the truck. I really don't want to sell it like that.

Yes it does...
Perhaps I should explain more.

If I replace the stock wheels with ones that have the offset ( I am assuming the wheels are wider ) and include the three wheels on it as spares, I need to explain that to the buyer, and what the differences are.

Right now the spare is on the truck. I really don't want to sell it like that.
Are the wheels you have on it now not stock wheels? They are after market with a 0 offset? I’m not understanding what you are needing to do. If you can’t find another wheel like the ones you have and you want to buy a new set of wheels to sell it then just do it. Otherwise sale it like it is.
Someone will buy it and put the wheels and tires they like on it and save you the money and hassle.

What you should be doing is saying How many miles are on it? Pictures of it in its entirety? How much are you asking for it? And... where are you located? Someone may already have bought it from you and you’d be done.

1. I posted a pic of the wheel....it's the stock wheel that comes on the TRD SR5 extended/quad cab - whatever it is. 16x6 (whatever) WITHOUT 15mm offset.
B. I am asking what the possible consequences of putting wheels with a different offset (+15mm) may be.
I am not selling the truck yet. It's not ready to be sold. Need a wheel first....

From what I have found, there are TWO versions of this wheel. One with an offset, one without. There is or has to be reasons for this.

This is what I am trying to find out.

I don't know how to explain this easier....

Back