Radio malfunction

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by brewyota, Jan 29, 2018.

1. brewyota

brewyota Member

I have a 2016 TRD Sport and have had issues with my radio, media console.

It will stop playing or functioning and reset itself. This happens when I’m using the Bluetooth function or entering an address for directions

Also it has frozen on startup and done nothing. I have to turn the truck off then back on to get it to work.

The dealer has installed a couple updates thinking this was the issue-but it continues to happen in spite of this.

Has anyone else run into this issue?

Tacomania likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Tacomania

Tacomania Well-Known Member

Yes i have the same issue with a 17 OR. When the update is installed it stops doing it but then after a while does the same thing again those are tears of hoplessness

Bogunn likes this.
  4. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

So sad.

Bogunn and Tacomania like this.
  5. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Try contacting corporate and getting a case started. They might need to replace the head unit.

Bogunn likes this.
  6. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Yeah. Like posted above it does this more when its time for an update.
    I’ve noticed it more when using the voice command or Bluetooth Siri hands free option a lot in a row. It seems to overload it and it resets.

OR17TRD and Tacomania like this.
  7. OP
    brewyota

brewyota Member

Thanks. My dealer is pretty good. They’ve told me that a new unit is on order.

OR17TRD and Bogunn like this.