Radio works, but not through the front panel.

Tatanka

I know this is going to sound very strange but... I had a mechanic run a wire and switch to the back door on my truck topper. After completing this the radio would not turn on by way of the front panel. The panel is dark, does not light up. If I press the volume control on the steering wheel, I can get the radio to work and then using the select button on the steering wheel, change the station. But none of the front panel controls work. The mechanic purchased another radio and it too works the same way. Any ideas what in the world is wrong?

I know this is going to sound very strange but... I had a mechanic run a wire and switch to the back door on my truck topper. After completing this the radio would not turn on by way of the front panel. The panel is dark, does not light up. If I press the volume control on the steering wheel, I can get the radio to work and then using the select button on the steering wheel, change the station. But none of the front panel controls work. The mechanic purchased another radio and it too works the same way. Any ideas what in the world is wrong?

Welcome to the forum.
Sounds like you may have grounded something out. Where is the question. I’d trace down whatever the mechanic did, or better yet, have the “mechanic” that screwed it up fix it.

Back