Rear Drum Brakes

Silver Streak

King of the hill :~)
Was reading over the window sticker specs and they mention this truck has rear drum brakes.

Was hoping it did not include a 8-track and cassette player as well.

Old school for sure on the rear brake system; should have done more homework.

Love the vehicle, just thought drum brakes were a thing of the past...

No need to change to disc when the drums work more than fine. The Tacoma has the shortest stopping distance in its class. That's better than the Frontier with rear disc.

The Tacoma has the best stopping distance in its class, I think the drum breaks work fine. 80% of the braking is done upfront anyway, so asking as you got good dics up there you will be fine.

Good to hear that info, just had bad experience with drum brakes in the past and thought the industry was heading away from this type of system because most late models vehicles all have 4 wheel disc.

Nothing wrong with rear drums as it is they are cheaper to replace when the time comes than disc brakes.

I'm experiencing rear break squeal on my 2013 Toyota Tacoma double cab. Took it to get service once already the dealer tech said it was just dust and that he clean and adjusted them. A week went by already and is starting to do it again. Anyone has experienced this problem before?

Back