ColtonShiflet

I installed a leveling kit on my 2000 Tacoma that gives me 3" lift in the front and 2" in the rear. This is the type of lift in which I placed a block between the leaf springs and the axle.
I'm noticing though that with the 2" lift in the back, the shocks seem to be maxing out.

I was planning on ordering Bilstein 5100's but I dont want to order the same size shock and run into this issue again

Does anybody know which size I should order that would be a little longer than the factory size and avoid maxing out my shocks?

I installed a leveling kit on my 2000 Tacoma that gives me 3" lift in the front and 2" in the rear. This is the type of lift in which I placed a block between the leaf springs and the axle.
I'm noticing though that with the 2" lift in the back, the shocks seem to be maxing out.

I was planning on ordering Bilstein 5100's but I dont want to order the same size shock and run into this issue again

Does anybody know which size I should order that would be a little longer than the factory size and avoid maxing out my shocks?

That's because they are , you can't lift a 1st gen at all really without extended shocks...

& the 5100's are the upgraded shocks ... order away...

remember , pass. side is longer than driverside...

Last edited:
5125 part number 24-214667 the standard 5100 is good up to 1.5" inches of lift for the rear. 5125 is for 2-2.5 inches of lift. I don’t know if it will work but that’s the number.

You can also look at the 5160’s part number 25-248692 left and 25-267570 right

Personally I’d get the 5100’s they will work just fine. Like 4wd said they will be an upgrade from stock ones.

Back