Recommended Clutch Manufacturers

TacomaLoverExtroa9681

Hello Tacoma Junkies,
My wife and I have a 1999 Tacoma Extra-Cab 4x4 V6 with a 5-Speed R150F transmission. It has about 163,000 miles on it, and it is used primarily as the family work truck. It does get used on fire roads once in a great while, and it does tow about a 2,500 pound boat and trailer on a pretty regular basis.
What do you junkies recommend for a clutch when this one starts to slip? It is not used off the fire trail, and it is adult driven. From the little research I have done, Aisin is spoken pretty highly of as a replacement. In fact, that is probably what is in it right now. I don't know that for sure since I am not the original owner.
Thank you to all those that respond.

I had a OEM clutch kit installed by a reputable Toyota shop. It lasted about 4 months, 3500miles all on the street. There went 1200 bucks down the drain. So screw them. I can be going 25mph floor it and it slips, big time. So I just ordered a Stage III clutch kit from Underdog Racing. FedX dropped it off today I'll put it in this weekend and let you know.

Oh, I forgot, I have a 2000 Tacoma 4X4 TRD V6 SuperCharged and a 5 speed trans. It is a little rocket.

I had a OEM clutch kit installed by a reputable Toyota shop. It lasted about 4 months, 3500miles all on the street. There went 1200 bucks down the drain. So screw them. I can be going 25mph floor it and it slips, big time. So I just ordered a Stage III clutch kit from Underdog Racing. FedX dropped it off today I'll put it in this weekend and let you know.

Oh, I forgot, I have a 2000 Tacoma 4X4 TRD V6 SuperCharged and a 5 speed trans. It is a little rocket.
Gadget at URD is the man. He has helped me out tons with my TCAI and MAF sensor calibrator. I've never heard anything bad about URD and have enjoyed the products I did buy. Keep us posted on how it turns out.

Back