Refrigerators got expensive!

Bojangles

We are possibly looking at a new fridge. insurance may cover it, but I was curious what it would cost to replace. I see one like it at $2500!
It's a bottom freezer with mid snack drawer, water disp/Ice disp, and french fridge doors. Some bs there.

What the hell?

I miss the $800 price tags

The refrigeration system in your home is probably the single largest energy consumer in your house. If you have ever wondered how much electricity your refrigerator uses, then you are not alone. Most people don't realize that their fridge actually uses about 1/5th of the power they use at night. This means that if you can reduce the amount of time your fridge runs, you can save money! Click Here

Last edited:
Y'all must be buying some of those fridges with the cameras, WIFI, and a monitor on the door.

My single door no ice maker was 4 to $500 back when I bought it.

Hell my old washer and dryer are 20+ years old, and still going strong.

Yeah. The fancy schmancy fridges can get really expensive. I had one of those Samsung with the i-thingy in the door. I could connect my Samsung TV and watch TV on it while I ate breakfast, had my calendar events, surf the internet and crap like that. Way more than you need in a fridge. I did like the cameras though. I could look in the fridge while I was at the store. That one was on sale for $3400. Don't have it any more.

Bought a stainless 25 cu.ft. whirlpig from home cheapo about 6 years ago...lately its been making some crazy popping noises like making pop corn. Hope this isn't something its telling me its on its way out.

I'm working in a big remodel and we are waiting for the 14 K yup I said 14 K subzero to come sometime in September so tha kitchen appliance place has been giving these loaner to the homeowner til the real fridge comes in. They are using Beko fridge they are made in Spain and are really nice they have a blue light inside. Really cool I think its so when you sleep walk and raid the fridge in the middle of the nite the bright light doesn't shock you awake!!! lmao

I just paid 800 for a new Samsung washing machine and sales guy said it may last 5 -10 years? My Fisher Pakel washer was 17 years old they were from New Zealand, but they sold to China and now are junk.
I can tell you samsung refrigerators suck. I had nothing but failures with mine, only to find out their newer model of the same type is all redesigned. I had to dispose of it after 4 years. I've got an a whirlpool now actually built by amana. Its a bottom freezer type thats been great.

Bought a stainless 25 cu.ft. whirlpig from home cheapo about 6 years ago...lately its been making some crazy popping noises like making pop corn. Hope this isn't something its telling me its on its way out.
My amana is fairly new, and its makes the same noises. I think its the self defrost cycle. Friggin refridge can wake you up at night if a light sleeper. Maybe yours needs the dust to be vacuumed from underneath, and in back if its happening too much.

Back