Remote start blinking light

Discussion in 'Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation' started by Flygirl, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Flygirl

Flygirl New Member

Hi, I'm brand new to the forum. Just bought a used 2017 Taco that had a remote start installed, and that damn blue light blinks constantly. I'll probably only use the remote start function when it's cold, not likely until next winter, so is there a way to shut it off or at least get the light to stop incessantly blinking?? Thanks!

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

I saw someone post this same question earlier maybe they figured something out?

Taco#3 likes this.
  4. OP
    Flygirl

Flygirl New Member

The dealer too said just put tape over the light.
    Should be a way to turn that off but you can't unless you disconnect the wire :(

OR17TRD likes this.
  5. OR17TRD

It really bothers you that much?

6. OR17TRD

Pictures?

7. tacopjb

tacopjb New Member

Lock your doors from inside the truck. Light doesn’t blink then. Only if you use the remote.

8. shadavis08

shadavis08 Member

Is this factory remote start or is it an alarm system like Viper or something