ROC Attacks Area 51 - June 18-19 - 2016

m3dragon

ROC Attacks Area 51 - June 18-19 - 2016

Disclaimer:
---------------------------------------------

This a pay your own way event. This means even me the organizer pays my own way to attend. Organizing drives is my hobby and I enjoy organizing and hosting events for fellow enthusiasts. I pay for the website and store system out of my own pocket to make sharing information and registering easier on everyone.
---------------------------------------------

RocAttack51-500x500.jpg

Ever wanted to see the famous sights around Area 51? This is the trek for you. We will be doing a two day trail tour to see all the sights and maybe a UFO or two around Area 51. Open to any and all vehicles, this will be a fun two-day adventure that loops from Tonopah to Vegas and back.

Expectations of participants.
Our trail runs are planned around having fun, seeing sites, and traveling specific amounts of mileage per day / event. This means if you participate, you are aware of the mileages needing to be covered per day and that you are expected to cover them in a reasonable time frame. Our group is NOT a "fly as fast as you can" group, but at the same time we are not a crawler group. We enjoy offroading with all types of trucks/SUVs , therefore the routes and daily mileage requirements are selected with non modified 4X4 vehicles in mind. By signing up, you understand we ask that when the trail conditions allow, you drive at a safe pace that can allow you to cover the terrain / distance as expected by the group.

Planned Trip Summary:
Starting in Tonopah, NV, we will head south along the border of the Groom Lake test range, AKA Area 51. Day 1 will be the sightseeing day to make stops at the usual tourists' stops: the “black mail box”, Little Alie-Inn, and Groom Lake Road Gate, to name a few. There are a few other stops planned for those in attendance to get out and stretch and maybe see a UFO.. or two. The end of the day will be in Las Vegas, NV for the overnight stop.

Day 2 will lead back to Tonopah. The stops will be at Devils Hole and a few abandoned mines that are on the way.
Event cost break down

$110 - Covers Decals, Event Insurance, PayPal.

Optional items you can chose from upon registration are boxed lunchs for each day for Subway and Wholefoods.

Night 1: Pre meeting
For those who would like a more relaxed start for the weekend’s activities, we have arranged a group rate at the Best Western Tonopah right by the starting point. This will allow those of you who are coming from a distance to have a place to rest and relax before a weekend on the trail.

Address: Best Western - 320 Main Street, Highways 6 & 95 Tonopah, Nevada, 89049

(Includes full hot breakfast)

Day 1: Meeting Location - Driver meeting, meet up.
Date: June 18th, 2016

Address: Shell 459 Erie St, Tonopah, NV 89049
Time: 7:30am
Depart: 8:00am – Trip begins.

A drivers’ meeting will be held to go over the rules of the trail as well as make sure everyone has the required gear. This is also a chance for participants to ask questions and get assistance on any part of trail setup.

Lunch stop will be Little Alie-Inn

Time: `1:00pm

After lunch we will head out to complete the second leg of the trip to Las Vegas, NV
Overnight Accommodations

Address: Santa Fe Station - 4949 N Rancho Dr, Las Vegas, NV 89130
Dinner stop - Big Dog's Brewing Company - 4543 N Rancho Dr, Las Vegas, NV 89108

Day 2: Back to Tonopah
Leave from the hotel at 8:00am on the DOT!!!
This day has a more casual feel than the day before. While we are covering the same amount of trail miles, the biggest difference is we are making stops for fuel and restrooms at small towns vs. being out on the trail the entire day.
Lunch stop will be in Ryholite
Time: ~ 12:30 – 1:30
After lunch we will make the final push to Tonopah. Here we will see a few ghost mines and explore a few geological formations.
Hotel stop for Tonopah:
Address: Best Western - 320 Main Street, Highways 6 & 95 Tonopah, Nevada, 89049
(Includes full hot breakfast)

(Note – Rates on hotel subject to change depending on when you sign up. The sooner you book the cheaper the rate, as this is the contract with hotel)

We made date change as several requests came in to do so. So instead of a fathers day weekend event we moved it up 1 week.

Date for the event is June 11-13.

Space is limited on this run as well so if you wish to sign up, sooner the better.

Back