Rough Ride

Hey everyone,

I recently acquired an 01 Regular cab prerunner from a family member, the truck has only 39k on the clock. Unfortunately the truck sat there for 2 1/2 years in the garage unused at all. Runs perfect, but rides really hard. Do you think that the:

1. Tires are cupped?

2. Shocks are not working properly?

seems to be such a heavy duty suspension for such a light truck...any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Hey everyone,

I recently acquired an 01 Regular cab prerunner from a family member, the truck has only 39k on the clock. Unfortunately the truck sat there for 2 1/2 years in the garage unused at all. Runs perfect, but rides really hard. Do you think that the:

1. Tires are cupped?

2. Shocks are not working properly?

seems to be such a heavy duty suspension for such a light truck...any thoughts?

I have a 2003 Tacoma regular cab 2WD, and I know that with a new set of tires (uniroyal tiger paw II)smoother. If it has been sitting a while you may want to look at rubber anti sway bushings as well. My truck has 127000 miles on it and is tight as ever and still feels like it is barely broke in.I am amazed at the quality of my truck and the more inspect the more I like this truck. Very easy to work on and I am amazed that this truck has a stout boxed frame. Even the big 3 only have C Chanel frames. This truck is over built for the long haul. Even in base version is is rated to pull 3500 lbs and that is impressive fore the base truck. With the larger engine it's rated to pull 6500:lbs. That's awesome. This truck will stay in my stable for many years. FYI, I have had this truck since 2004/16 years.

Last edited:
Back