Rumble Strips

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by cranito4to, Apr 27, 2018.

1. cranito4to

cranito4to Well-Known Member

Since I got the truck in 2016 I'm feeling the humming like I'm driving on and off over a runmble strip. At the beginning I thought it was something on the road and then it was gone so it didn't cut my attention that much but lately it is geting worst. If I'm going downhill I don't feel it but if I'm going just driving straight and uphill that is the moment it happen. I cannot record it because it doesn't make a loud sound it's more like a humming type of vibration. Just want to know if this is a normal thing for Tacoma's or if it's something that I got to take the truck to the dealer. Thanks everyone appreciate it. PhotoGrid_1524821630049.jpg

Bogunn likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

I don't notice this on my '17.

Bogunn likes this.
  4. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

It could be tore noise at higher speeds. Is it pulling? Could be alignment. Or you could be running on the rumble strips. Lol.

B-Man likes this.
  5. OP
    cranito4to

Nop alignment is good, is just weird. It will be like a grinding sound

6. lcarrasco212

lcarrasco212 Well-Known Member

Does it still vibrate if it downshifts?

7. OP
    cranito4to

Not sure but I think it does,

8. OP
    cranito4to

Is not loud and the vibration it's not huge you got to be driving with your hand on the steering wheel with everything turn off like the radio and the air condition to feel the humming vibration it's just weird man. I might have to go to the dealer because his concern me a little bit

9. lcarrasco212

I remember reading on ppl complaining their hands would get numb after long trips due to vibration through steering wheel. This was when they first came out. Idk what happened since

10. OP
    cranito4to

No complaint about that, the vibration is not that much. But it os getting worst to the point that I feel it all the time now.

11. lcarrasco212

12. TacoRick

TacoRick Well-Known Member

Put a glass of water in the cup holder and see if you can get a video of the water vibrating in case the dealer tries to say they couldn't recreate the problem.

Bogunn and cranito4to like this.
  13. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

I know exactly what you're talking about. Mine does the same thing. I thought it was my tires but like you said it only happens when the transmission has to work a little more. Down hills I don’t feel it. It’s like a constant light shuttering. It happened in a parking lot the other day felt it more and coming up the hill to my house I notice it more.

cranito4to likes this.
  14. OP
    cranito4to

You know exactly what I'm talking about. Any idea what could it be

15. OP
    cranito4to

Ok like the movie Jurassic Park lol...
    Good idea

OR17TRD likes this.
  16. OP
    cranito4to

Got on video lol

Bogunn and OR17TRD like this.
  17. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

Turd gen FTW..

18. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

But seriously.. I would take it to the dealer and use that warranty..

19. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

If the dealer doesn’t figure anything out, might try to put a thick fender washer or 2 between the carrier bearing and the mounting surface. Kinda like a spacer. Could help, might not. Worth a $1.50 or so to try it.

20. OR17TRD

I was thinking the same thing haha

cranito4to likes this.
  21. OR17TRD

No it just started about 2 months ago and I thought it was my tires starting to wear and change.

cranito4to likes this.