Side steps for a short wife

well i got my 2012 four door Taco lifted about 3" or so and added 1" taller tires to boot. So now my short wife has a hard time getting in the truck. What are some of the more discreet steps you all use on your trucks? I definitely don't want running boards but maybe something such as a fold up type step so i won't have to worry about ripping it off if a take a ride through the woods?

N Fab makes a slider type rail that has detachable steps

Idea being you can pull them off when off needed

I don't have a set but it's an option to look into

Get a new wife?

That may be an option for some but I actually have a great wife...she is definitely a keeper. She's never complained and was on board with raising the truck's height...but I see her struggling every time to get in. She normally drives our 2016 Toyota Highlander. But she does hunt, camp and fish with me and we always use the truck for that stuff....I did however get a good chuckle out of your reply!

You know guys, I did mention about putting sliders on the truck so I will look into the N Fab products. Thanks for your replies!

Good you laughed because it was meant to be haha funny. :) Maybe tie a rope inside tha cab that hangs out the passenger door? Climb on in honey!

Well, my wife and I sat down last night and we looked at the N Fab products and decided on the Rocker Rails with two detachable steps. I suppose when we have riders in the back they're just going to have to either be long-legged or just good jumpers. :D
Thanks 'mdcmn7' for the heads up on those. I will order them next week and install them as soon as I can...:)

Hope they work out for you both!!

Oh they will! Can't wait, I just ordered them today and N-Fab e-mailed back and said they are a very popular item and are currently in the manufacturing process. It will be around 7 days before they ship. After my wife and i install them i will put up pics.

Well...my wife and i installed the N-Fab 'Rocker Rails' w/ two removable steps Friday. By the time we got all the tools out we needed, it took about 30 minutes. These rails are well made and i'm glad i got them...especially my wife because she doesn't struggle to get into the truck anymore. And i even had her use a torque wrench for the first time to finish setting the bolts. :p...:rolleyes: <------ don't pay attention to those...Anyway here are some pics of our truck.

Did they bolt to the frame or the side step mounting holes?

They bolted to the existing side-step mounting holes. We simply removed the Toyota plastic covers that are protecting the 8mm tapped holes and wrenched in the provided bolts. I anti-siezed all the bolts to protect them from all the dirt/grime/winter chemicals in case I ever have to disassemble them. There are five 8mm bolts per side for the rails themselves torqued to 15ftlbs and the two 3/4"/19mm flange bolts for each step are torqued to 40ftlbs. I liked the idea that the side steps are so easily removed.

I also have the N-Fab Rocks Rails, and one of the reasons I got them was because my wife is kind of short. I've had them on for 3 years and they still look like new.

Back