Skid Plate opinions

mhinson79

IMG_1623.jpgOk got my truck frame changed out since the original frame was trashed I’m sure you have seen my older post about that, anyway the stock skid plates where trashed so I’m looking at my options the truck has a OME suspension that only lifts it about 2.5 inch’s I want to keep my stock bumper and it seems most aftermarket parts are 4 inch and higher .

View attachment 14999Ok got my truck frame changed out since the original frame was trashed I’m sure you have seen my older post about that, anyway the stock skid plates where trashed so I’m looking at my options the truck has a OME suspension that only lifts it about 2.5 inch’s I want to keep my stock bumper and it seems most aftermarket parts are 4 inch and higher .
That’s been like 4 months. Did you get toyota to replace it?

No I had WNC auto parts change it they did a very nice and fast job and they found me a clean frame in Southern Georgia and I had them Change the timing belt as well while the motor was easy to access

No I had WNC auto parts change it they did a very nice and fast job and they found me a clean frame in Southern Georgia and I had them Change the timing belt as well while the motor was easy to access
Sad toyota didn’t take care of that. At least you got it fixed.

View attachment 14999Ok got my truck frame changed out since the original frame was trashed I’m sure you have seen my older post about that, anyway the stock skid plates where trashed so I’m looking at my options the truck has a OME suspension that only lifts it about 2.5 inch’s I want to keep my stock bumper and it seems most aftermarket parts are 4 inch and higher .

Theres a lot of options for after market skid plates & they're not lift related...

For sure one of those 2 will be what I get,

I off road with Tyler (Pelfreybilt) from time to time & I've seen him purposely launch his truck on some rocks to see what damage is done, any weak spots missed, make notes on them , kinda like a field test R&D & then back to shop to make any changes, I like that, uses his own ride for a guinea pig...

Eric at Relentless also has great products, haven't kept up with his line of armor but I'm sure it's good...

I off road with Tyler (Pelfreybilt) from time to time & I've seen him purposely launch his truck on some rocks to see what damage is done, any weak spots missed, make notes on them , kinda like a field test R&D & then back to shop to make any changes, I like that, uses his own ride for a guinea pig...

Eric at Relentless also has great products, haven't kept up with his line of armor but I'm sure it's good...

Impressive to guinea pig your own truck. That says a lot for pelfreybilt.

Back