Spare tire using spline drive lug nuts

jkw018

Hello everyone,

I recently upgraded my Taco with 17"x9" XD Series wheels. I was a idiot and sold the factory wheels along with the original lug nuts. The new wheels require after market spline drive lug nuts and I'm wondering if I can use the same lug nuts for the factory spare? I have no problem ordering another set, I was just curious if anyone on here has experienced this issue before me.

Thanks,

2005, TRD Off-Road Tacoma

If the lugs have the same seat they should work. I've seen the spline type lug have multiple seat types depending on the wheel.

Hello everyone,

I recently upgraded my Taco with 17"x9" XD Series wheels. I was a idiot and sold the factory wheels along with the original lug nuts. The new wheels require after market spline drive lug nuts and I'm wondering if I can use the same lug nuts for the factory spare? I have no problem ordering another set, I was just curious if anyone on here has experienced this issue before me.

Thanks,

2005, TRD Off-Road Tacoma
Yes your spline lug nuts will work on the OEM spare. I have had to run my spare a few times and have the spline lug nuts on my truck they worked just fine. You should have no issues..However if you don't feel comfortable you can go to auto zone get a set of 6 for 10.00. But I would consider it a waste of money. The splines will work just fine. Hope this helps..

Thank you gentlemen for your input. Since a fresh set of aftermarket lugs were so cheap and I didn't want to have to experience that issue I went ahead and purchased some. Thanks again.

Back