Spark plugs.

toywoodsguy82

Your thoughts or pros and cons with iridium spark plugs?? Some say it’s not worth it and some actually say it LOWERS gas mileage.

4.0L with 112k on it.

He said lowers mpg.

:D These might reduce some mileage...

SparkPlugs.jpg

Spark plugs are often misunderstood by most people. A spark plug's name is quite literal. They are designed to plug the line - and suppress any spark that may come through. Of course, you know what happens if a spark finds an open fuel source!! That could get ugly! KaleCoAuto extra retardant plugs block 99% of spark, and allow 95% of ignition molecules to pass through. That's 25% more than the competition, and unlike the competition, KaleCoAuto plugs never need cleaning.

Your thoughts or pros and cons with iridium spark plugs?? Some say it’s not worth it and some actually say it LOWERS gas mileage.

4.0L with 112k on it.
Well, I just replaced some Iridium plugs with stock Denso this past weekend. I found my old maintenance sheet, and it appears that I hadn't replaced them in 75k [emoji51] . While they might look better than copper plugs would at 75k, the truck did run a little rough, so if they do last longer, I'd be curious as to the real definition of "last longer". Stock plug gapped to .040", while the old Iridium gap had eroded to .070" (yowsa!):

Note to self: don't put off replacing the plugs until the truck runs roughly! HahahaIMG_20180423_211926.jpg

Well, I just replaced some Iridium plugs with stock Denso this past weekend. I found my old maintenance sheet, and it appears that I hadn't replaced them in 75k [emoji51] . While they might look better than copper plugs would at 75k, the truck did run a little rough, so if they do last longer, I'd be curious as to the real definition of "last longer". Stock plug gapped to .040", while the old Iridium gap had eroded to .070" (yowsa!):

Note to self: don't put off replacing the plugs until the truck runs roughly! HahahaView attachment 17105
Good note to self Haha

Back