Squeaky noise

JDC 07

I've had a squeaky noise from the suspension area since I first got it. The dealer said its a factory defect and there's nothing they can do about it. Anyone learn of any solutions? (The noise comes from the bars I believe support the suspension not sure of the name...)

If it's from the rear then it sounds like the leaf springs. You can try putting anti seize between the leafs but that won't permanently cure the issue. Simply spraying them with high pressure water will fix the noise for a short time. One guy took the whole pack apart and put pieces of bicycle inner tube between them.

Yeah those are the ones causing the noise! Oh ok and if I replace the suspension system to lift it and get new ones will that help solve it

So ive got kind of the same problem but in the front.. whenever i go over a bump s especially on a dirt road it sounds like everything shakes individualy and squeaks to the point where it sounds like its gonna fall apart. Im not too sure what it is and its scaring me

Depending on the year there is a recall for leaf springs for Tacoma's I have a 2008 Reg cab 4x4 2.7 and I went to the dealership and they replaced both leaf springs. Also there's a recall for undercoating depending on the climate were you live. I live in Rome NY.

Back