Storage Solutions

tcbuck58

Hey guys,

Noob to the forum just bought a 2018 Tacoma double cab. I’m in need of a good storage box for the bed. I need something that i can take In and out quickly. I have been looking at the pelican transport case as well as the contico cases. Any others worth looking at? What do y’all think?

Hey guys,

Noob to the forum just bought a 2018 Tacoma double cab. I’m in need of a good storage box for the bed. I need something that i can take In and out quickly. I have been looking at the pelican transport case as well as the contico cases. Any others worth looking at? What do y’all think?
I would be concerned about something like that mistyriously disappearing out of the back of the truck, personally. Unless this is something that you'll be taking in and out with you every time you park. Hopefully you have the bed mat to keep it from sliding around. What is said storage box going to be used for?

It will be used for tools mostly. I have been looking at ones that can be locked by key and have holes for running cable locks to prevent theft(at least to an extent) I just don’t want to give up bed room permanently

It will be used for tools mostly. I have been looking at ones that can be locked by key and have holes for running cable locks to prevent theft(at least to an extent) I just don’t want to give up bed room permanently

Welcome to the forum. I agree with @Crawdad that you don’t want to put a bunch of money in a Pelican case or something to entice a thief.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/CONTICO-Portable-Tool-Box-37-W-x-21-D-x-20-H-3725/19514860

Something like this locking tough box for $59 may be a decent investment to look at.
And like you said, you can lock it to the bed. I’ve done it in the past with bicycle locks.

Yeah it is. Especially in these mountains. First pills, then meth, and now heroin. It’s ruined a lot of lives.

It was terrible in Arkansas about ten years ago. It’s way better now. They may have died off or something. I don’t care where they went but way better now. I’m talking meth . Now it’s pills I work a drug overdose three weeks ago they had eat or snorted fentanyl. Bad stuff there . Or it was for them three.

If you plan to put a cover on it you have endless options as it doesn’t have to be completely water tight. I have Rubbermaid brand one. The catch I find is when opening the handles split which doesn’t allow me to tie it down by that. You’d want to be sure to secure it somehow as it will slide everywhere. I’ve used bungee cords. I do have a cover though. Getting ready to look for a new one as this one leaks. Hope this helps a little.

I appreciate all of the advice. I don’t really want a tonneau cover as of right now due to price mostly but I really like the bakflip ones. I think I’m gonna go with a cheap box that’s easily removable. When I’m on long trips I’ll lock it up and lock a strong cable on it to keep all the meth heads of western NC away lol

Back