Suspension Lift

Dpfouts405

I bought a 2015 taco, I want to level/lift it. After reading the opinions about the strut/leaf spacers offered being problematic/cheap; what other options exist for 3" of lift. Also how wide of a tire would I be able to with?

I bought a 2015 taco, I want to level/lift it. After reading the opinions about the strut/leaf spacers offered being problematic/cheap; what other options exist for 3" of lift. Also how wide of a tire would I be able to with?

The spacers lift is not problematic if done right and you don't go overboard with amount of lift. I have the Pro Comp front 2 1/4" lift along with a 7/8" solid aluminum blocks in rear. Not as cheap as you may think for good products. There are much cheaper junk out there so you need to make sure you buy quality parts. The 2 1/4" lift will actually give you closer to 2 3/4" and the rear 7/8" block will be closer to 1". Those are measurements after installed.

I just did the ProComp 3" front and 1 1/2" rear and it actually drives on the road better. Next week I'll be able to get a little dirt time in on it. I've seen cheaper kits but this was about $550 and all I'm using it for is dirt roads in the backcountry so I'm sure I'll be happy.

For a leveling kit, Ready Lift is a good brand. A bit pricey but won't alter the factory ride quality of your Taco.

ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1450745987.072231.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1450745999.007801.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1450746016.190446.jpg

ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1450746039.743197.jpg
Little bit of my story line. Started out no lift, then did a ready lift suspension with 3". Now I have the lift with 265/70/18 tires with an -12 mm 18x9. I like the simple 3" lift. Not too much but enough to tuck some bigger tires. Plus sadly mine is only a 2wd so I didn't wanna go too high anyways

Did you install the driver side shim to account for the taco lean or no?

I actually did not bc you can't really notice the lean unless you stare at it. I notice it bc I'm the one driving it but it's not a huge concern at this point in time

Back