Tacoma 2017 odd Tire Size

bocash3

Howdy

My "new" 2017 Tacoma 4x4 Access cab Sport has 265/65-17 tires.

One took a nail in the area between the tread and sidewall. Tire man said
he cannot plug and may not be able to patch. He recommended buying
a new or used tire.

This is a fairly large tire dealer. The guy could not find that size, new or used,
in his inventory. To wait on a new tire, I would have to leave the truck for 24 hours
and catch a ride 20 miles back home.
He then proceeded to patch mine from the inside and said he thought it would be good.

These tires are original, only having 17,000 miles and they have a highway tread, not my style.

When I replace these, the new ones will have more aggressive treads for off road, mud and snow.

My question is:: What size that is slightly higher but not wider would be
More Common to find and fit into the fender wells comfortably? They could be
maybe one size more narrow and still fit the rims.

I do not want to go with a smaller diameter tire, but also do not want to go
extremely large and throw the speedometer out of quilter.

(I do not want to go to the expense of changing down to a 16" rim).

Is there something like a 275/65-17 that would be easier to find at most dealers?

Many thanks in advance, Bo in western NC

Howdy

My "new" 2017 Tacoma 4x4 Access cab Sport has 265/65-17 tires.

One took a nail in the area between the tread and sidewall. Tire man said
he cannot plug and may not be able to patch. He recommended buying
a new or used tire.

This is a fairly large tire dealer. The guy could not find that size, new or used,
in his inventory. To wait on a new tire, I would have to leave the truck for 24 hours
and catch a ride 20 miles back home.
He then proceeded to patch mine from the inside and said he thought it would be good.

These tires are original, only having 17,000 miles and they have a highway tread, not my style.

When I replace these, the new ones will have more aggressive treads for off road, mud and snow.

My question is:: What size that is slightly higher but not wider would be
More Common to find and fit into the fender wells comfortably? They could be
maybe one size more narrow and still fit the rims.

I do not want to go with a smaller diameter tire, but also do not want to go
extremely large and throw the speedometer out of quilter.

(I do not want to go to the expense of changing down to a 16" rim).

Is there something like a 275/65-17 that would be easier to find at most dealers?

Many thanks in advance, Bo in western NC
Go to the Discount Tire website (my go-to) and enter your vehicle info and see what they have that fits what you are looking for.

THANKS, Scott!!

I forgot all about that D.T. site. Great place to compare treads, prices, etc. I was able to find a great alternative tire size that I may like better when the time comes to buy new ones.

Y'all take care, Bo

THANKS, Scott!!

I forgot all about that D.T. site. Great place to compare treads, prices, etc. I was able to find a great alternative tire size that I may like better when the time comes to buy new ones.

Y'all take care, Bo
Glad I could help. Dont be a stranger.

My GMC came with 17 inch rims. It REALLY hurt when I replaced the factory tires at 65K. The first thing I looked at on my Tacoma was the rim size.

Back