Tacoma name origins

Tacoma is named after a Native American word for Washington State's Mount Rainier, which is the tallest in Washington.
Great piece of trivia. When you mentioned Mount Ranier, I thought of a funny conversation I had last summer. Somewhere along the line I picked up a ball cap that had Mount Ranier stitched on the front. I was wearing it walking a trail and I ran into a guy who stopped to chat. He looked at my hat and asked, ever been there? I said, naw, just got the hat. He then said jokingly, that's OK, I've got a Montreal Canadiens hat and I've never played for them. I thought that was pretty witty. :)

Great piece of trivia. When you mentioned Mount Ranier, I thought of a funny conversation I had last summer. Somewhere along the line I picked up a ball cap that had Mount Ranier stitched on the front. I was wearing it walking a trail and I ran into a guy who stopped to chat. He looked at my hat and asked, ever been there? I said, naw, just got the hat. He then said jokingly, that's OK, I've got a Montreal Canadiens hat and I've never played for them. I thought that was pretty witty. :)
Well wasn't that just a riveting story.. :confused:

Back