Tacoma vs old Toyota pickup

Hi i wanted to know between the tacoma and old Toyota pickup which is more rigid for off road conditions. Planning on going on a safari. With bad roads expected

Well the 1st gen Taco had frame rust issues and I believe the front frame section is weak. Not sure how good the pickup is but in either case you will want to reinforce everything if you are going to be in such a harsh environment.

I had no idea you could reinforce the frame. Do you have any link where it is well explained?

Overall build quality a Tacoma for sure. But if it gets banged up too much it’ll lose it’s value. What year truck were you planning on getting?

1st gen years 2001-2004. Those still go for about $7000-$15000 depending on condition, mileage, and if its TRD or not, 4WD or not. You’ll see an 04 quad cab 4WD TRD with 250k miles in great condition go for like $10,000 still.

1st gen years 2001-2004. Those still go for about $7000-$15000 depending on condition, mileage, and if its TRD or not, 4WD or not. You’ll see an 04 quad cab 4WD TRD with 250k miles in great condition go for like $10,000 still.

Wow thanks will look into that. Any years or gen to avoid?

Wow thanks will look into that. Any years or gen to avoid?

Only thing about the first gen’s just make sure theres no frame rust. There was a recall for those, they just reinforce the frame with some kind if coat at the dealership I heard. As far as other gens i think some 2nd gens had manual transmission problems. But tacomas are the most solid mid sized trucks. Cant go wrong with a tacoma

Only thing about the first gen’s just make sure theres no frame rust. There was a recall for those, they just reinforce the frame with some kind if coat at the dealership I heard. As far as other gens i think some 2nd gens had manual transmission problems. But tacomas are the most solid mid sized trucks. Cant go wrong with a tacoma

Thanks will do . Did tacoma ever had a fully boxed frame?

1st gen tacos are 95-04 not 01-04. The Tacoma will be more comfortable internally and has a plethora of options for making them bulletproof to an extent. Pickups 89-94 aren't bad, just starting to get dated... if you are getting a v6 I'd suggest the Tacoma with a 3.4 over a p/u 3.0 aka (3.slow) 1st gen Toyota v6's 3.0's are known to grenade after 150k the Tacomas had a 3.4 much better engine.

1st gen tacos are 95-04 not 01-04. The Tacoma will be more comfortable internally and has a plethora of options for making them bulletproof to an extent. Pickups 89-94 aren't bad, just starting to get dated... if you are getting a v6 I'd suggest the Tacoma with a 3.4 over a p/u 3.0 aka (3.slow) 1st gen Toyota v6's 3.0's are known to grenade after 150k the Tacomas had a 3.4 much better engine.

Thanks nice input

Back