The BS Thread To Rule Them All!!!

Yea me to but to me the single seater looks to small my friend who is helping me has a dirt bike and a 500 cc 4wd four wheeler i think both probably top out at around 55 but just a guess. To me i think the first one is to small but the second one is to big. And I am not sure but I think I want it to be a singles seater still. I would love to be able to hang ok with dirt bike and 4 wheeler top end if not faster but would love to hang through all the gears if possible. The dirt bike will make that hard I think but I also think I could get close the only problem is i dont know what engine I should look into getting. I there is a place close by with atvs and motorcycles and a few dirt bikes that is just a scrap/salvage yard. Any ideas on what size I should look for or brands

Well im trying to do it as a lower budget build and they dont have harleys in that yard a lot of bikes though. Do you think a 4 cylinder bike would be up to the task somewhere between 400-600 cc

Well im trying to do it as a lower budget build and they dont have harleys in that yard a lot of bikes though. Do you think a 4 cylinder bike would be up to the task somewhere between 400-600 cc
Sure! It'd have plenty for ya!

Yea that's my thought but I think single seat would help some with the wind resistance. I wonder if they make some go fast parts for motorcycle engines? I dont think the 4 wheeler is a problem being 4wd it has a lot of weight and only like 25 HP if i had to guess

Yea that's my thought but I think single seat would help some with the wind resistance. I wonder if they make some go fast parts for motorcycle engines? I dont think the 4 wheeler is a problem being 4wd it has a lot of weight and only like 25 HP if i had to guess
There's many companies out there that can 'soup up' those engines.......cams for one.......next thing to think about is CCs.......some states/localities require licensing if the CCs are big enuf.

Well not sure if I will be able to get it road legal would be cool if I could though. I would love to just slap a turbo on it and call it good but just for the turbo it would likely be well over $100 dollars. So would you think a 600cc 4 cylinder with headers maybe a cam some porting and maybe even a scoop to help force are in would be a good starting point? I also have a Honda atc 200s that I could race. We might just have a race day and ride all the vehicles.

Well not sure if I will be able to get it road legal would be cool if I could though. I would love to just slap a turbo on it and call it good but just for the turbo it would likely be well over $100 dollars. So would you think a 600cc 4 cylinder with headers maybe a cam some porting and maybe even a scoop to help force are in would be a good starting point? I also have a Honda atc 200s that I could race. We might just have a race day and ride all the vehicles.
600cc would probly work for ya......adding a few mods to kick up the hp wouldn't hurt. Jus depends on how much you wanna spend. That Honda ATC would be nice to have!

Ok I will if I end up going like i said they just switched up the forecast today calling for rain all tomorrow but its rained off and on all week. Ill sure will post on here tomorrow about the stuff I go looking at if I find anything I think would work. Should talk to you tomorrow

Yea me to but to me the single seater looks to small my friend who is helping me has a dirt bike and a 500 cc 4wd four wheeler i think both probably top out at around 55 but just a guess. To me i think the first one is to small but the second one is to big. And I am not sure but I think I want it to be a singles seater still. I would love to be able to hang ok with dirt bike and 4 wheeler top end if not faster but would love to hang through all the gears if possible. The dirt bike will make that hard I think but I also think I could get close the only problem is i dont know what engine I should look into getting. I there is a place close by with atvs and motorcycles and a few dirt bikes that is just a scrap/salvage yard. Any ideas on what size I should look for or brands
Keep in mind the power to weight ratio. If your buggy weighs more than whatever you are pulling a power plant out of, it won't run as good. Of course. You probably don't want to run over 100mph in this buggy, but it's a good reference to keep in mind. Gearing for your particular needs is key as well.

Good morning already leaving hope everyone has a great Tuesday. Have the rest of the week off so its my Friday. It feels so good

Funny story happened about an hour ago. Took the ol Cleveland that I built for Dad a couple years ago out for a drive today to let'r breath a little bit. Got out on an old back road out in the middle of nowhere that was smooth and straight for at least 10 miles and hung my toenails into it. Caught up to an old farm truck pretty quick, noticed something coming in the distance but had plenty of road to make my move, got around with at least a half mile till I met a,... Hey! A first gen, cool! Wait,... there's a finger pointed at me in the windshield,... Da hell was that for? So I lean up in my windshield and blow them a kiss. Angry people everywhere, I tell ya! Apparently, they didn't like it ... This dude is pulling a U turn in the middle of the road,... Weirdo,... Now he's trying to catch me! This is cute,... turned on the back side of that Holley and walked out of his life! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
I pulled off into a gas station a few miles or so up to top off the gas and bump my timing down a degree or two and get something to drink. While I'm pumping gas, I see the same first gen Tacoma pull in the other end of the parking lot. Oh, yay! We get to meet! Wait,... nevermind, he's pulling back out this end and heading back the way he came from,... well dang,... I guess he couldn't find the two-toned 77 Ford truck sitting at the gas pump that he attempted to chase for whatever reason,... I was kind of excited to meet the driver of this riced out first gen with a fart pipe, 20's I'd guess, a terrible looking vinyl graphic and douche flute fog rolling out of the windows,... I bet I could've learned some valuable information from this outstanding citizen,... maybe another day. [emoji23]
Have a good one folks!!!

Last edited:
Back