Time for a change, red caliper paint peeling, what colour next?

BlazingBlue2016

So I painted my brake calipers red, now the paint is starting to peel off, I'm thinking of doing them yellow now. Any suggestions? The red was nice but if I'm going to do them again I'm thinking I'll change colours.

You don't have to watch the vid if you don't want to but it gives you an idea of how the red looked.

So I painted my brake calipers red, now the paint is starting to peel off, I'm thinking of doing them yellow now. Any suggestions? The red was nice but if I'm going to do them again I'm thinking I'll change colours.

You don't have to watch the vid if you don't want to but it gives you an idea of how the red looked.

I sure like the red. Nice finish. I understand your thinking of changing it up to go with something different. As fishnwiz asked, what colour is the truck? Given your attention to details I figure you have most likely thought that out so it all ties in. Keep us posted and keep your videos coming. Very interesting and entertaining content and quality production! Thanks!

Yup, the truck is Blue. Maybe I should do red again? Was just looking for a change as its been about 3 years. When I do them I will have to take them off and strip down to bare steel again so I could do any colour. The red popped for sure so I may do that again. Still thinking. I saw a blue Corvette with yellow calipers so thats where I got the idea of yellow.

Oh thanks on the compliments regarding the video quality. This was one of my older vids. The newer ones are better. They do take a lot of work...... So its nice to get a compliment every now and then. Thanks :)

With a blue truck both options will look great. Lots of work prepping and finishing but all worth the results :) good luck and I'm anxious to hear what you chose and see the final product. I can see the amount of effort that you put into all your projects including your enjoyable videos. As Scott wrote in another message on one of his projects, "it's a labor of love" Well we all get your enjoy your passions! :)

For sure, 7 years you are lucky, mine at 3-4 are starting to go bad. Other than powdercoating, I think thats probably the lifespan of caliper paint.

Back