tonneau covers

Hello,

I currently have ladder racks on my 2017 that i recently purchased and I would like to sell those and in its place get a tonneau cover. I’ll be doing some snowboarding with friends this winter and taking my truck often so i’ll need to have a dry place to stow our gear. Also not trying to break the bank on one. Does anyone have a cheap functional tonneau cover that will keep the bed and it’s belongings dry that they would recommend?

Hello,

I currently have ladder racks on my 2017 that i recently purchased and I would like to sell those and in its place get a tonneau cover. I’ll be doing some snowboarding with friends this winter and taking my truck often so i’ll need to have a dry place to stow our gear. Also not trying to break the bank on one. Does anyone have a cheap functional tonneau cover that will keep the bed and it’s belongings dry that they would recommend?
A solid cover or cap is the only way you’re going to have it completely dry. Any folding tonneau cover will leak some. I have the Bakflip MX4 on my 2017 OR LB and have taken it up in the snow multiple times with suff in the back and it’s stayed dry. Issue I had was if you’re parked for the day the cover will freeze shut and it’s hard to open without breaking seals or tearing gaskets.
Soft covers in the snow don’t work to well.

A solid cover or cap is the only way you’re going to have it completely dry. Any folding tonneau cover will leak some. I have the Bakflip MX4 on my 2017 OR LB and have taken it up in the snow multiple times with suff in the back and it’s stayed dry. Issue I had was if you’re parked for the day the cover will freeze shut and it’s hard to open without breaking seals or tearing gaskets.
Soft covers suck in the cold weather to.

Soft covers suck in the cold weather to.

I can honestly say that my soft cover keeps everything dry unless you take a pressurized hose at a car wash and spray the back at the tailgate and it’s still minimal.
Even heavy rain and snow don’t leak.

my soft cover blew in the snow. i now have a backflip g2 and am interested in seeing how it does in the snow. never thought about it freezing.
It will do fine with snow on it I think they have a 400-500 lb weight limit on them and you can brush it off easy enough. It’s when any moisture freezes between the seals or gaskets it can stick and you don’t want to tear anything trying to pry it open. In all the time I had my G2 on my Tundra and the MX4 on my Tacoma I’ve only had it do it 3 times. Every time I’ve been in the rain and then traveled to higher elevation and had the truck in the snow for hours. If it stays cold after you’ve opened it you won’t have that problem. What I do now is just open and shut it a couple times over the hours and it won’t freeze shut. The first time or two might be sticky but it’s not stuck where I’m worried about tearing a rubber seal. They are hardy covers and I recommend them.

Back