Tool bag

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by krazirob, Feb 10, 2018.

1. krazirob

krazirob Well-Known Member

So went from a car that had a trunk to a truck that has this little spot behind the seat.

What do people use for tool bags that can fit behind the seat? I like to keep the bed of truck empty of things like that. IMG_1810.JPG IMG_1811.JPG

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

I keep tie downs, straps, bungees, my tire inflator and duct tape back there. I have some tools where the OEM jack is.

Bogunn likes this.
  4. OP
    krazirob

Yeah I put all my tie downs and straps and what not in those little compartments in the bed. Even had room for my tow hitch back there.

5. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

The size is so awkward you’d probably have a hard time fitting too large of a toolbox back there.
    Like @OR17TRD said, I keep a few odds and ends like tape, bungee cords and a “bug out bag” behind the seat.
    I carry a lot of tools so I bought a full size toolbox for the bed that stays under the tonneau cover with the tailgate locked. If I need to move it there’s no problem fitting it in the cab for a while.

6. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

@4wd, he named this thread after you....

Just kidding man. I couldn’t resist. It’s been a few days since we gave you a hard time.

sokyjeepster and OR17TRD like this.
  7. OP
    krazirob

Lol. One of those “should have thought the topic name over before posting” moments.

Bogunn likes this.
  8. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

I keep my tow hitch in the receiver. Always have.. It helps saves your truck if you get rear ended.

Bogunn and OR17TRD like this.
  9. OP
    krazirob

You know I literally just thought of that today. I was like “if I have my tow hitch on then if someone hits me in parking lot or something then maybe that will take most the damage”.

I may do that with a locking rod.

Bogunn, OR17TRD and kp.taco like this.
  10. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

X2

11. OP
    krazirob

IMG_1824.JPG IMG_1825.JPG

My current setup for tools. All I need is a foldable shovel now.

All my straps and bungees are in the back of truck.

Bogunn likes this.
  12. toywoodsguy82

toywoodsguy82 Well-Known Member

I keep a Rubbermaid tote full of straps, jumper cables, small tool kit, water and a sleeping bag in the back under my tonneau cover. I keep first aid kit and air horn under my back seats.

Bogunn likes this.
  13. OP
    krazirob

Air horn........good call on that.

Timex and Bogunn like this.
  14. toywoodsguy82

toywoodsguy82 Well-Known Member

Helps that I can get them free from work haha

Bogunn likes this.
  15. 4wd

4wd Well-Known Member

Haha ,,fucking bolt cutters ??...:eek::D I see you travel with a master key....;)

Timex and Bogunn like this.
  16. OP
    krazirob

Never know man. Chains, locks, fence, cable I mean the possibilities are endless. Lol.

4wd and Bogunn like this.
  17. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Very true. I keep everything in my truck (except bolt cutters) I may have to add a set!

18. OR17TRD

I’ve got a 36” set but it won’t fit in the truck like that. Harbor freight has the best deals on them.

Bogunn likes this.
  19. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Yeah. I love harbor freight for “truck tools”. If they get: lost, stolen, or broken you’re not out much.

Timex and OR17TRD like this.
  20. OR17TRD

I use their tools all the time. Mainly for that reason. Most of what I’ve bought is still working and I still use them. I have a tile saw, hopper, paint gun, radial saw, jigsaw all from there and abuse them and they still work. I buy good blades for everything though so I’m sure that helps. The harbor freight blades suck. IMO.

Bogunn likes this.
  21. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Yeah. I’ve actually been surprised by the Chicago Tools brand. Figured they were junk but have had some of their stuff for years and they’ve taken abuse.

OR17TRD likes this.