Toyota brand 2.5" aftermarket lift?

geekyadam

I'm sitting at the dealership for my 5K maintenance and one of the guys here mentioned a Toyota brand 2.5" lift. I've been doing a ton of research and learning as I plan to lift my 2017 Sport, and I haven't heard of any Toyota brand 2.5" lifts. Only thing I could think of is the stock Fox lift on the Pro, maybe he's thinking of that. Although he did mention it can be added to the truck after purchase, but they don't do it here (but a dealership in a nearby town does).

Anyone know anything about a Toyota brand 2.5" lift? I might give that other dealership a call for more info. The big deal here is that supposedly it would be covered under warranty through Toyota (which also makes me think it's the TRD Pro lift).

They will also try to tell you that any other lift brand or anyone else doing the install will void warranty which is crap too.

Absolutely. I hate the way dealerships do that crap. Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act has been around since 1975 and they still try and tell people their warranties will be voided unless they put it on. Almost every dealership will say it. I don’t know if it’s a sell tactic or if they actually don’t know better.
I love Toyota but their OEM add on product lists are usually short (especially with new models) and the dealerships put some of the lower end products on the vehicles.

I'm sitting at the dealership for my 5K maintenance and one of the guys here mentioned a Toyota brand 2.5" lift. I've been doing a ton of research and learning as I plan to lift my 2017 Sport, and I haven't heard of any Toyota brand 2.5" lifts. Only thing I could think of is the stock Fox lift on the Pro, maybe he's thinking of that. Although he did mention it can be added to the truck after purchase, but they don't do it here (but a dealership in a nearby town does).

Anyone know anything about a Toyota brand 2.5" lift? I might give that other dealership a call for more info. The big deal here is that supposedly it would be covered under warranty through Toyota (which also makes me think it's the TRD Pro lift).

https://parts.toyota.com/accessories/Toyota_2017_Tacoma.html

I don’t see a lift. I may be overlooking it but this is a link to all gen three OEM Tacoma accessories from Toyota.
Like whippersnapper02 said, it’s probably a crap low end lift. Better off to get what you want that you know is a quality product.

Toyota doesn’t “make” lifts. They use lift kits that are manufactured by other companies like bilstein, Fox, readylift, revtek etc. Every dealer is going to be different on what “dealer approved” lift they use. Most use spacer lifts. Some use readylift, some use revtek. They will also install any lift you want and cover it because they installed it. You’ll pay $$$$ for it.
If you install the parts or have them installed by someone else the parts replaced and the cause and effect of those parts won’t be covered under warranty. They (toyota) has to prove the parts caused the damage or failure. Only the issues that the after market parts cause will be void. Not your entire warranty.

Just chatted with the nearby Toyota dealership my guy mentioned and he confirmed there isn't a Toyota brand lift, it's just a 2" spacer kit all around, then they cut the **** out of the fender to slap 36"s on and put the truck in the showroom for a higher price. Basically exactly like we all assumed. I'd hope that anyone that had done even just a few hours of research online would immediately know that 36"s on a spacer lift is such a terrible idea. Maybe just my opinion...

Dude was cool though, knew his **** well enough and was fully against getting it lifted there, he just does it cuz dealership wants to sell high. He recommends same things we all know; don't do spacers if you're going to flex at all, ~3" is gray area where you may or may not need to do diff drop, re-alignment after lifting is super important and not easy so be sure garage knows what they're doing, the higher lift you get it's important to get the whole kit including UCAs to handle the extra travel/stress (for the most part you get what you pay for), etc.

Back