Toyota Tacoma

Hello guys! I currently own a 2003 toyota tacoma single cab with a 2.4l engine and a manual transmission, truck has 76,776 original miles! The bumper is bent and the bed has a dent that can be easily pulled out! All in all truck is great! I was recently informed of this recall toyota had/has of the frame rotting out really bad on states where salt is used on the roads, and therefore toyota was replacing frames! I took my truck to toyota today and they took my truck in for an inspection, but that the recall it has is for the spare tire carrier rotting out. Some places ive read that there is a 15 year margin for toyota to do this, others say it doesnt matter and its a safety hazzard and toyota should replace the frame no matter what. But i have no idea. Can anyone inform me of the issue or has a clear answer for me?

Hello guys! I currently own a 2003 toyota tacoma single cab with a 2.4l engine and a manual transmission, truck has 76,776 original miles! The bumper is bent and the bed has a dent that can be easily pulled out! All in all truck is great! I was recently informed of this recall toyota had/has of the frame rotting out really bad on states where salt is used on the roads, and therefore toyota was replacing frames! I took my truck to toyota today and they took my truck in for an inspection, but that the recall it has is for the spare tire carrier rotting out. Some places ive read that there is a 15 year margin for toyota to do this, others say it doesnt matter and its a safety hazzard and toyota should replace the frame no matter what. But i have no idea. Can anyone inform me of the issue or has a clear answer for me?
From what I’ve seen it’s a case by case. If it’s rusted out and bad enough toyota is going to replace it. If they do the inspection and conclude it’s just surface or not warranted to replace they may do a protective spray or just send you on your merry way. They aren’t just replacing all frames within a 15 year margin.

No idea why they would? .. sorry if i seem very ignorant about this, i came to ask since i know almost nothing about the issue

Absolutely, call corporate... if the dealer gives you **** throw em under the bus. They'll probably give you an RMA# or a reference code to take back to the dealer so they know they can't dick you around. Play the "oh poor me" card with corporate too, it usually works better than screaming at em.

Ok yeah, i have to call corporate then, because the dealer just gave me a call back and said that they cant honor it since it ended in 2014....

The dealer just gave me a call back and they said they cant honor it since that ended in 2014, so i have to call corporate, any idea on how to approach the issue, since the dealer said it ended in 2014. Any inputs?

The dealer just gave me a call back and they said they cant honor it since that ended in 2014, so i have to call corporate, any idea on how to approach the issue, since the dealer said it ended in 2014. Any inputs?
I’d call and say my frame is rusted and it’s bad and unsafe to drive. What can we do to get this issue resolved see what they say. Maybe go to another dealer get a second or third opinion before calling.

I’d call and say my frame is rusted and it’s bad and unsafe to drive. What can we do to get this issue resolved see what they say. Maybe go to another dealer get a second or third opinion before calling.
I called and they gave me a case number and i should be getting a call tomorrow.. now.. the current tire carrier recall cant even be assesed because the frame is too far gone.. soit makes no sense that they dont put a new frame to even attempt to fix the current the recall.. like woah you cant even do the current recall because of the frame.. tomorrow i have to mention that

Well, headquarters didnt want to help either. They said the previous owner didnt take advantage of the warranty and that there is nothing they can order to do so they basically told me that im stuck with a safety hazzard, now my friend told me to get a notarized letter from a lawyer because thats what his friend did, i was being as nice as possible on the phone but it didnt work either. Anyone has any other inputs or how to get rid of this thing? Im way too bummed and pissed now... kindoff want to drive it off a cliff.

Well, headquarters didnt want to help either. They said the previous owner didnt take advantage of the warranty and that there is nothing they can order to do so they basically told me that im stuck with a safety hazzard, now my friend told me to get a notarized letter from a lawyer because thats what his friend did, i was being as nice as possible on the phone but it didnt work either. Anyone has any other inputs or how to get rid of this thing? Im way too bummed and pissed now... kindoff want to drive it off a cliff.
That sucks.
You can keep fighting it. Go to another dealer. Call corporate again.
Put it in Craigslist or another site and sale it.
Take it to a dealer and trade it in for something newer.

Back