Toyota Truck makes phone call

Desertdogs

Left work today, 3 separate times saw audio system saying call being made out on dash unit, but nothing on phone. Couldn’t hang up, had to turn unit off. Turn it on after a few minutes later, it would repeat. Even with no direct connection and bluetooth turned off. Had to turn phone off and leave it off.

Anyone ever see this behavior? (2017 DCB TRD OFFROAD)

I haven't had any issues with my truck however I have had an occasion or two when someone has called my cellphone and wanted to know what I wanted, that I had just called them. Nope, not me. I don't know how this spoffing and cloning phone numbers and all this underhanded crap works but I would suspect something like that is what has happened. I just installed a call filter on my phone and it has cut down my BS calls dramatically. I still get a few but if they aren't in my phone book I just send them to voicemail, can't leave a message, didn't want to talk to you anyway.

2017 Taco JBL. Nothing but hassles with Bluetooth. Making calls zeroed the eq. Reboots during dialing. Latest is screen flashes to generic Bluetooth screen randomly.
Dealer results? CND more times than worth saying but they seem to find the occasional “software update” that just changes the problem.
It’s the only complaint I have, but geez guys.

Oh. And the occasional parking lot bandit. IMG_4852.jpg

Is youre phone connected to more than one blue tooth device? I read over on TN that a guys fit bit was screwing his deal up. Something also about Samsung phones, he had to go into settings to get it straightened out.

Wifey's Apple'd Explorer and my Android'd Taco got really confused when we both started up at roughly the same time the other day... haha
We both connect to both cars regularly tho...
My only complaint with the bluetooth is that most times it seems that I have to simply unlock my phone for the music to start playing but this is s few minutes after I start driving... other wise I have to make sure it all gets connected before I actually move... sounds petty, sure ... but we used less technology that's in a smartwatch to land on the moon.... we can't figure out how to make music play in a car tho... lol

Back