Transmission Flash

jdr3366

I went to my dealer today and had the update to the transmission uploaded to the computer.

It's important to tell the greeter that you have a problem with the transmission, which is herky jerky (insert your description here). You have to have a complaint. According to the greeter, they don't do it unless you complain.

Here's what I noticed. Shifting is smoother. It still down shifts about as often, but it seem to occur earlier. So, you don't feel the luging at city speeds, and downshifting earlier while going up a hill causes less of a jerking motion.

RPMs tend to stay around 12 to 15 in city and 17 to 22 on the highway. I don't think that's much different from before, and ShiftSense Pro tends to hold the rpms at around 20 to 22 most of the time.

I have not hooked up my ShiftSense Pro. Maybe tomorrow. Although I'm pretty happy with the changes,

Also, drove this honey today, while my truck was in the shop. Nice at $41500, but it gets terrible reviews. Oh yeah, and it doesn't fit in the garage.IMG_6346.jpg

I went to my dealer today and had the update to the transmission uploaded to the computer.

It's important to tell the greeter that you have a problem with the transmission, which is herky jerky (insert your description here). You have to have a complaint. According to the greeter, they don't do it unless you complain.

Here's what I noticed. Shifting is smoother. It still down shifts about as often, but it seem to occur earlier. So, you don't feel the luging at city speeds, and downshifting earlier while going up a hill causes less of a jerking motion.

RPMs tend to stay around 12 to 15 in city and 17 to 22 on the highway. I don't think that's much different from before, and ShiftSense Pro tends to hold the rpms at around 20 to 22 most of the time.

I have not hooked up my ShiftSense Pro. Maybe tomorrow. Although I'm pretty happy with the changes,
My service mgr said when they upload the new update the ECM is cleared of the 'learning' process.......the Taco has to 'learn' your driving habits all over again so it might improve a bit more the more miles you get on 'er!

Thanks, Whip and B , Based on what I experienced today, I'ill probably not use the SSP. I thought the fix was good. We'll see tomorrow.
Compared to 2 weeks ago when I had the update installed I feel my '17 is doing much better than when I drove 'er home from the dealership. Think its 'learning' again and improving a bit more.

In all departments. Go have a look. Don't be scared and no you aren't betraying Toyota. :D

I had a 15 f150 fully loaded king ranch with ecoboost. I had it for 6 months and only drove it for 3. I would steal wife’s 4runner every chance i got...
They are neat with panoramic sunroof and massage seats but dont compare to the feeling of a tundra. I guess it’s preference because on paper f150 dominates tundra. In real life after the test drive, tundra feels at home

B-man, is there really any evidence that this "learning" actually happens, or is it all subjective?

And what does it actually learn?
I'm not sure whether its real or made up to tell you the truth. I've read about the 'learning' the truck does.......Toyota says it's an 'adapative learn' that operates their auto transmissions in our Tacos .......my service mgr and tech said there's a 'learning' process that takes place.......they all can't be wrong. LOL

I had a 15 f150 fully loaded king ranch with ecoboost. I had it for 6 months and only drove it for 3. I would steal wife’s 4runner every chance i got...
They are neat with panoramic sunroof and massage seats but dont compare to the feeling of a tundra. I guess it’s preference because on paper f150 dominates tundra. In real life after the test drive, tundra feels at home

I have test driven a new Tundra several times. It was whatever. I drove my buddy's new Raptor and it was just wow.

Back