Transmission not shifting

Danplante

So I have a 2008 tacoma with a 5 speed automatic transmission that doesn't like to shift into 5th when it's cold. It only really does this when it's below - 10 celsius. Once the truck warms up it shifts fine but at first it can take several minutes on the highway before it finally shifts into 5th. I have a feeling it's a computer problem but I don't understand why it would only happen when it's cold out. The colder it is the longer it takes to shift to 5th and when it's above 0 celsius, it shifts perfectly fine. Anyone know what's going on?

So I have a 2008 tacoma with a 5 speed automatic transmission that doesn't like to shift into 5th when it's cold. It only really does this when it's below - 10 celsius. Once the truck warms up it shifts fine but at first it can take several minutes on the highway before it finally shifts into 5th. I have a feeling it's a computer problem but I don't understand why it would only happen when it's cold out. The colder it is the longer it takes to shift to 5th and when it's above 0 celsius, it shifts perfectly fine. Anyone know what's going on?
4) Shift points become delayed. (Delayed shifts are a precursor to harder shifts.) 5) The computer in many vehicles will delay or prohibit the use of overdrive until the transmission reaches normal operating temperatures. ... 7) Water in the transmission can be a big problem, whether it's cold or hot

This is my input operating temperature is a big factor..also you may need to warm up your truck untill its at operating temp to avoid damage on other internal parts in transmission there is not much else you can do that i can think of..anyone else got anything on this subject??

Back