Transmission slipping issues on 2017 SR5 Tacoma

eagleguy

I find that going downhill or sometimes after downshifting that my transmission searches for a gear or just plainly slips up to the point where it grabs. Truck will be going in for its last 2yr or 24K service. What should I ask to have checked as we all know Toyota will say its all good and its only my imagination! Vehicle has 9K miles!!

I find that going downhill or sometimes after downshifting that my transmission searches for a gear or just plainly slips up to the point where it grabs. Truck will be going in for its last 2yr or 24K service. What should I ask to have checked as we all know Toyota will say its all good and its only my imagination! Vehicle has 9K miles!!
Automatic or manual?

Does Toyota have a recall/ service bulletin for reprogramming the auto trans on this year and model Tacoma? I just received a notice of possible frame rust for 2011-2017 Tacomas? Came with a card to keep with my owners manual.

Just got the truck back from Toyota and I quote! "Shifting of the fluid causing NO fluid to be getting in the line causes shift issues to happen". Can't make this stuff up and they actually put it on my service invoice.

Dropping my Tacoma off at the local mechanic (he owns a Tundra and Tacoma) for a transmission service Mon 1/20/20. I have 53,000 on my truck.
My mechanic claims that many times Tacomas and Tundras can come from the factory with low fluid levels in the transmission?

Just got the truck back from Toyota and I quote! "Shifting of the fluid causing NO fluid to be getting in the line causes shift issues to happen". Can't make this stuff up and they actually put it on my service invoice.

I’m not understanding how this is written? What are they saying here?

Well... My Tacoma is in the shop (trans service/fluid change) as I reply to this thread...
Wondering if my truck was low on fluid?

Back