Transmission Tempature Gauge

Mike Ranalli

Hey Y'all

I am new to the forum and come needing some help. I have searched just about everywhere and cannot find an answer to my exact question. I currently have a 2003 Toyota Tacoma SR5 2WD that i got for $300 with 270k miles on it. Truck is in great shape mechanical with little rust in the frame and body. My question arises due to now needing to use this as a light duty tow rig to haul two motorcycles 4 hours (8 hours round trip) twice a month.

For these trips I would like to have a transmission temperature read out. I have purchased a Scan Gauge II but unfortunately due to the Truck being ISO it will not work. I have tried the one X Gauge sequence that "sometimes works" provided by Scan Gauge and it did not work.

I have heard of another Scan Tool that works through your phone that I cannot recall the name of but I cannot confirm if this will work on my Truck.

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

Also what is everyone's thoughts of the capability of this truck doing this for a little while maybe a few months. My Truck has a 2.7L in it with an Auto Trans.

Thank You all in Advance!

Back