Tuff Country 3" Lift Rear Shock Absorbers

SamboTaco

I recently purchased the Tuff Country 52907 3" lift with the u-bolts, spacers and rear aal's for my '05 TRD Sport. In the checkout, rear shock absorbers were "recommended" to purchase with this kit as well. How necessary are they, and will I be ok without them/just keeping the factory absorbers on?

I've noticed that many 3" kits don't come with rear shocks, only an extra leaf. Why wouldn't they come standard with rear shocks if it was a necessary part? Thanks for your help

I work at Les Schwab and we have done a dozen 3" tuff country lift and has never replaced the rear shocks on any of them, there's still enough travel in the stock one, 1 1/2- 2" of extra traval, I ran the stock shocks on mine with a 3" with no problems before I went to the 6" don't waste you money on them don't need them

So why are 5100 users are pulling their shocks apart after wheeling with a 3 inch lift? Those 5100s have the same collapsed and extended length as stock.

They can sell whatever they want doesn't mean you need them, no other 3" kit I've seen includes them with there kits

Back