Undercoat

choppaG

Bought i new 2020 taco just wondering if anybody knows about undercoat and what to get [emoji111]️[emoji895]

I just lifted mine on a hoist and spayed about 3 cans of that undercutting you can buy from Canadian Tire. I think the brand was CRC

Good Video, here is what mine looked like after it came back from the dealer.

Attachments

• IMG_4659.jpeg
    IMG_4659.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_4660.jpeg
    IMG_4660.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_4661.jpeg
    IMG_4661.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 55
Wtf I sprayed mine with 7 cans of clear flex seal .like the guy who floats the screen floor rowboat ! So far it is staying nice

Wtf I sprayed mine with 7 cans of clear flex seal .like the guy who floats the screen floor rowboat ! So far it is staying nice

That leaves error for air bubbles to get trapped. I’m 23 years old and have been a mechanic for 8 years, I see this a lot on customer cars that come in.

Ha. Ha I am originally from VT so each fall I get out my compressor and sprayer (from Harbor Freight) and fill it with Bar and Chain oil. No used motor oil for me anymore. It’s known to cause cancer in goodness knows where I believe. The Bar and Chain oil is thicker and is formulated to stick to the chainsaw bar so it sticks to the truck too. I wash the sand and loose dirt off and spray inside the frame and other places the day before and let the sun dry everything for a day. I am careful to not get oil on the rubber hoses like the brake hoses and the bushings as oil seems to make them swell eventually. It has been very effective over the years if I spray inside the doors once every few years, up into the rocker panels through their weep holes and into the space above the rear fenders by drilling holes and putting in plastic plugs I get on eBay. The frame gets it good both outside and into every hole. It takes about an hour after the first time which takes 2-3, and costs about 2 bucks. I have a lift but for years I did it from the ground on cardboard of course. There are a lot of Vermont stories we are a special breed!

I use liquid film. I had a 1996 Taco that I sprayed the frame with liquid film . Just gave it to my brother and the frame was good after 24 years. Purchased a 2020 off road so I crawled under the new truck and installed seven cans in and on the frame, undercarriage and interbody panels. I'll repeat the process every three years. Works the best for me.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
c8a01ee1c688169eca8ccc2fa946098b.jpg
d04a06eabf48f0c7a44fb57a05a4fe16.jpg

Last edited:
Back