Vibration at 30 to 40 kms

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by QSTaco, Oct 13, 2018.

1. QSTaco

QSTaco Active Member

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone else has had a vibration at low speeds after installing a toy tec add a leaf 1.5" to 2" lift. Also installed the Old Man Emu rear driveshaft spacer (FK29).
    I use to have a 1.5" block in the rear with no vibration, so I figured it would be straight forward switching to a AAL. I have 5100 all the way around, original install also included a front diff drop kit.
    Could there be a different angle now creating a vibration, or should I go over the truck loosen off the leaf springs and torque down again??

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    QSTaco

QSTaco Active Member

Forgot to mention I have a 2017 DC OR

4. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Sounds like the drivers side needle bearing. Does it go away in 4wd?

5. OP
    QSTaco

QSTaco Active Member

No I switched in and out of 4WD and continued to be there

6. OR17TRD

It will be there out of 4wd but if you drive around in 4wd do you continue to feel it at 30-40mph while in 4wd? When you turn 4wd off you’ll feel it again.

7. OP
    QSTaco

QSTaco Active Member

I had the needle bearing changed out to a bushing when I had the front lift done.
    Is it possible that I need shims in the rear.

8. OP
    QSTaco

QSTaco Active Member

Yes still feel it in 4WD when at 30 to 40.

9. OR17TRD

It’s probable.

10. OR17TRD

Then it’s not your needle bearing.

11. OP
    QSTaco

QSTaco Active Member

Thanks for the reply, I'll try the shims from toytec next.

OR17TRD likes this.
  12. OR17TRD

Something else to look into Toyota has a driveline vibrational TSB out.

QSTaco likes this.
  13. OP
    QSTaco

QSTaco Active Member

Oh, I didn't know about that one. Thanks for the heads up, I'll look into it. Thanks again.

OR17TRD likes this.
  14. TLW

TLW New Member

My 2018 sport with 33's and a leveling lift has a minor vibration it is noticeable for a few seconds goes away gor a few seconds and repeats again and again any ideas