Water pump and seal failure

MotoTroutTaco

So about three weeks ago the water pump and seal blew on my 2021 off road double cab long bed. Dumped my whole reservoir and then some of coolant in my engine bay and soaked my drive belt. Had to wait a few days to get it into the shop but thankfully Toyota covered all the repair costs and parts with warranty.

Has anyone else encountered this problem at all?

I swear since covid, the quality overall on manufacturing these trucks has gone down the crapper. I have never heard so many complaints, and failures since, not to mention some trucks run really well while others are a turd.
On another note, my 2020 has been nothing, but perfect. I had the truck requested, be built in Texas, just as covid started to take hold in jan of 2020. I didn't want to get caught up in the great covid era.

Odd instances happen in production. Who knows. Perhaps the seal was made on a Friday afternoon before a long holiday weekend. So the seal wasn't quite as good as it should be, but was good enough to pass Quality inspection. Chances are Toyota did not make the seal. Hard to say with any certainty.

Vendors who supply parts know all sorts of tricks to slide "not quite right" parts into the pipeline.

Odd instances happen in production. Who knows. Perhaps the seal was made on a Friday afternoon before a long holiday weekend. So the seal wasn't quite as good as it should be, but was good enough to pass Quality inspection. Chances are Toyota did not make the seal. Hard to say with any certainty.

Vendors who supply parts know all sorts of tricks to slide "not quite right" parts into the pipeline.

Friday or Monday

Back