Weather Tech Vent Visor packaging issues

eagleguy

Anyone else have issues with receiving scratched vent visors from Weather Tech. I have gone through two vendors on Amazon and BOTH times I have received worn out boxes with scratched items on the inside. I getting ready to go the AVS route as this is getting a little frustrating. Refunds are nice but I am looking to install not return!

Are the weather tech packages shrink wrapped like the AVS?
It’d take a lot of abuse to tear the AVS up through the wrapping they come in.

They come two in a bag then boxed. It is possible for them to rub on each other however I have bought them before and never had and issue. Seems like quality control is lacking. Like I said once I get my second refund I might go with AVS but I thought the Weather Techs were better quality and mounted more securely. Use them on all my vehicles here in FL to vent some of the interior heat.

That sucks. I ordered my Weathertechs through amazon and they where fine. I rubbed the made in Germany and Weathertech badge off with rubbing alcohol and a soft cloth. I’ve also gone through trees branches and brush with them and they still look good from my house.

I have heard that the AVS requires that the rear window channel be removed for install. Has anyone heard the same?

I have heard that the AVS requires that the rear window channel be removed for install. Has anyone heard the same?

I use out channel. I had issues with the in channels back when they first started coming up and have never fooled with them again.

Opened for me. Take the time to google it and you’ll find it.
I did and got different directions for Tacomas. Some had you removing the window channel the others did not which is why I asked. No matter, I decided to give the WeatherTechs another try. Found a post on Utube that explains the use of the clips for the rear which is not very well illustrated in the instructions provided. Thanks for trying to help, obviously I am not that good at searching like some!

Back