What to buy

Steve Mense

i am going to buy a Tacoma Sport, looking at both 2015 and 2016. Will pull a 16' casita travel trailer at times, it weighs about 2000 lbs. Is one more comfortable than the other as far as seating. I realize this question is biased by the ownership of one truck or the other. I am having a difficult time deciding.

I have a 13 sport DCLB, I pull various things, mainly I pull 2 jet skis, about 1900 lbs in total, have pulled those about 4 hours was the longest, no problems. Comfortable in the front seats, not a lot of leg room in the back seats.

I am older, kids are grown so not hauling people around. So I have made my mind to buy an access cab for my taste of body style, just not sure on the year. Your towing sounds about the same as mine so the motor is good to go.
This is the camper I have.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    970 KB · Views: 27
I'm in the same boat with you on kids being grown and preferring the AC body over the double cab. I have a 2013 PreRunner with the 2.7/Auto. My son just bought a 2016 TRD Sport AC, and I have to admit, it's a lot quieter and more comfy than my truck. I've pulled a trailer from central Texas to Colorado and back. Trailer weighed about 1800 lbs. My truck did fine, but if I were going to tow very often I'd recommend the 6 cyl.

Never buy a vehicle in its first model year no matter what it is. Either go with a 2015 or wait a year to let them work out the kinks on the new ones.

2016 TRD, complete redesign will pull a Car list a with ease. And fun to drive. I have had mine 3 weeks. Upgraded interior lights to LED big difference.

I pull a 2800 lb travel trailer with my 07 4.0 L prerunner. Does fine up to 60 mph. Above that the rpm go up dramatically. The 2016 is a 6 speed which should help I would think.

Back