Wheel offset on stock height 2017 Tacoma w/275/65R18

Discussion in 'Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation' started by Tacotony75, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Tacotony75

Tacotony75 New Member

Got a 2017 Limited Quicksand Tacoma and was wondering what the max offset wheel I could go without lifting the truck. I am running 275/65 18.

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Short answer -6 offset.

4. OR17TRD

+30 offset if you’re going the other way. I didnt think that’s what you meant when you said max offset. I could be wrong though.

5. OP
    Tacotony75

Tacotony75 New Member

Well that’s a bummer haha. Most wheels are offered in either stock or -12 offset. So I might have to go down a tire size to fit the -12 offset

6. OR17TRD

That’s not how that works. Most wheels offer many offsets

7. OR17TRD

How wide are the wheels?

8. OP
    Tacotony75

Tacotony75 New Member

I should specify. The wheels I want are only offered in 1 and -12. And are 18x9

9. OR17TRD

+1 offset in 9” with 275/65/18 would work but you might need 5100’s in front set to 0.75” to level the truck and help clear the tires better. You can try the -12 if you want to.
    Let us know what you do and the outcome.

mcodyv likes this.
  10. Mulegeman

Mulegeman New Member

Don't know if this is the correct time or place, but... I kept 3 sets of new tires (275/65/18) from my 15 tundra due to a short sighted buyer, would like to make use of them on my new '18 tacoma trd off road (stock 265/70/16). If they'll fit OP's Limited, they should fit my truck. No? I do know new wheels will be in order. Thanks for any advice, could save me $$$.

OR17TRD likes this.
  11. OR17TRD

Congrats on the new Tacoma. Welcome to the forum. You’ll need a 0 or -6 offset and an extra inch up front for added clearance. They should work with the right wheels.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018