Wheel offset.

Nemic

I just put in a 6” lift in my 2020 TRD Tacoma. I planned on changing the wheels and tires to a 285/70/17. Any advice on the offset wheel I should go with.

Don't use a -12 offset,4.5 backspace IMG_20231008_100414004.jpg I ended up putting 1.25 spacers to push rims out a little, maybe 0 with like 4.5 back space. They are 17 x9 wide ,And they rub full turn but I'm going to put 285/65\17 on it they are 1"or so wider but about and inch shorter .

Last edited:
FWIW. Stock 17" Gen2 alloys have an offset of +30. These wheels easily take a 265/65-17 tire. No rub and no lift needed.

Remember, a 6" lift only increases vertical height. It does nothing for turning clearance.

Thanks for the advice. Next question is I hear a slight humming noise coming from the front. It is not consistent. It humms stops for a second then again. Its like there is a pause in the hum. I know it is not the tires. Have not switched them yet.

You put a 6" lift on it. You have changed the aerodynamics and harmonics. If you still have the factory air dam on it first make sure it is tightly attached. If not tighten it. If it is properly attached try removing it. If that doensn't resolve the issue, reinstall and start checking inner fenders. Stuff like this is a game of elimination.

maybe you need an air splitter? lol i had a funky sound on passenger side it was the heatshield bolts rotted off the cats? The shields are stainless why not use stainless bolts? the drivers side is completely gone?

1697165184685.pngebay is where i got the flares . i had to get textured cuz smooth were out of stock! during covid but im going to paint ths orange! Super easy to install too! Little over two hrs by myself.

Back