Wheels and Tires 2015 4dr 4X4 sb questions

TacoKen

I just bought a 2015 Tacoma 4 door 4X4 short bed and installed a 2 1/2" ProComp leveling kit. I have the stock 245X75/16" tires. I would like to either replace both tires and wheels or at least tires. Since most miles will be street I would like street/off road tires. Need to be quiet but better off-road than the stock tires (a little more aggressive). I also would like slightly larger (taller and wider) without rubbing. Removed the mud flaps also. I heard the stock tires are actually not in sync with the speedometer. I went through a roadside caution radar at 65 but the caution flashed 61 so my speedo seems to be off by about 4 or 5 MPH. I read some of the threads on tires and it looks like 265X70/16 might be the best without rubbing. Any suggestions? pics? My truck is white.

I just purchased a white2015 Tacoma as well. It goes in on Wed for Bilstein 5100 and 265/75/16 tires. Your post is almost identical to mine on Tacoma World. I want better then stock tires but most of if not all of my driving is on pavement so I narrowed it down to two tires. The General Grabber AT2 or the Hankook Dynapro ATM RF-10. The Hankook tire gets great reviews no matter where I look and the General Grabber is mixed with more positive then negative feedback. Also mentioned was the Cooper AT3 with mixed reviews.

You shouldn't have issues with 265/75/16 on stock rims a 285 would be a little different though. If for some reason you do experience rubbing a set of Spidertrax wheel spacers in either 1.25 or 1.5 spacing will fix that. But you shouldn't have any issues.

Back